Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 'Lux in arcana'  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Connann

• Assistant
'Lux in arcana'
« on: February 21, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
Well, today I show you another work, inspired by the W40K gothic battleships. I decided to represent a corridor of these cathedrals, like a gothic style chapel, with its sculpted walls, vaults and statues. I love the mix between the metal and the stone. W40K 4ever!!!

I tried to detail the scene with etched brass, perfect for this environment. An iron fence, a rail... some details!

As you can see, I made a W40K statue with a WFantasy statue, just with pauldrons, helmet and energy hammer.

1st STEP

Now you can see the miniature that I'm going to put into the W40K base. I select a Space Hulk Terminator (GW), a very impressive miniature, because of its pose and its details. This miniature brings me some possibilities, about paint and narrative effects.

I think a lot my works, because I want to show a story, not only a beautiful or ugly figure. Nowadays I'm working in new narrative effects, as I said, trying to complete my works with the viewer eyes and mind.

I love to do scenes and dioramas, because I like very much when people says me what they think about my stories. And I must say that always are different.

That's why I want to represent in this new scene, 'Lux in arcana', ('Light on the mystery') the moment when the space terminator fights against an invisible enemy, like a light in darkness, a candle of hope in the middle of chaos. Where are them? Which are the enemies? Questions that people can ask to themselves.

Yes, it's very difficult to get this, but I'm working on it. It's only a test!!

I hope you understand me and my madness, muahahahaha!!

2nd STEP

After some tests, I decided to paint the terrain with blue, green and sand colors, trying to imitate the real stone tone. This terrain seems like a gothic cathedral corridor, and I wanted to represent it.

Airbrush, washes, and brush... and finally... I'm happy with this terrain.

And the miniature... What color scheme? Maybe turquoise and metals... an interesting combination...

And finally... I made cobwebs with glue. You can see the results in next pictures, but photograph this cobwebs is a punishment!!

Be happy!

FINAL STEP

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:39:33 PM by Connann »

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: 'Lux in arcana'
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
I like your dealing with mute colors. Very atmospheric.

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
What wonderful stuff you make, thanks for sharing all the pictures with us!
ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi Miniatures
http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

ClearHorizon Salavge - 15mm Miniatures Blog
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »
Great work!  :-*
per aspera ad astra

Offline constrict

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »
very nice! really like the overall dark theme and the color on the terminator is a nice change from the typical ones.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
I love this piece, the terminators color scheme is spot on with the terrain, there's just one thing that doesn't look right, the etched brass doesn't have the thickness I would expect on a wrought gate, apart from that I love it

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:25:08 PM »
I wasn't sure at first, but as the photos went on it grew on me.  Nice work, really caught the atmosphere of an Imperial ship.  :-*
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 07:42:11 AM »
Great!! ;D how do you do the cobwebs?