Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686497
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello freaks!  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Cryptkeeper

• Schoolboy
Hello freaks!
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »
Hey there,
finally I registered at this very interessting forum after just reading for some times!
At first a short personal introduction: I´m living in the south west of Germany and just started studying in my second semester (the perfect time to get some hobby stuff done ;)).
I´m addicted to the hobby since 8 years now, my first miniatures were some Orcs from LotR. Some years later i started to play WH40k and collected too many GW minis, so i have tons of unpainted stuff here. But in the last time I got the urge to make some new projects, something non-GW related and discovered this forum through the homepage of Prof. Witchheimer.

My great passion is to paint miniatures and after the years I reached a passable level for me but I always try to develop and try out new techniques. Also I´m thinking to take some commissions in the future, to get some extra money 8) 
Cause I´m a fanatic cultist of the great Cthulhu and all the other horrors in this world, I will start to lurk around in this boards and post some pics of my newest paintjob.
Kind regards,
The Cryptkeeper

PS: Excuse me if this text is written in horrible English! The last English lessons have been a while...

PPS: After I had problems with the registration I searched for a contact adress but I couldn´t find any. Shouldn´t there be some legal notice (Impressum) on a website with a contact adress?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Hello freaks!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
Hello and welcome!

In the first version of forum, about five years ago,  I've had an Impressum page with a contact frame. Had to deactivate it due to spam bots. May be a bit useful, but actually everyone who really wanted to join, did manage that :)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:07 AM »
More Cthulhu is always a good thing.  Welcome aboard!
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
Greetings fellow cultist of Cthulhu

may the Black Goat be interesting to you  ;D

and where in the South West would that be??

Welcome to the Lead Power
I mean
the Forum here
Have fun

Jo
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 12:45:58 AM »
hello back crypty! your english is far better than my pathetic improv of german. i notice you have done some 40k (i also have a horde of paint deprived minis) i thought you might be interested in the forge of war rules, you get the 40k flavor without the gritty corporate leftovers(whoops my soapbox is showing!) anyway my first taste of 40k was rouge trader era and i found it to be more enjoyable. be welcome and enjoy!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:24 AM »

welcome to LAF 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Cryptkeeper

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »
Thank you for the nice greetings!

@Prof. Witchheimer: Ok, thank you for the info. I asked because there was only the automatic answer from the forum when I tried it with a account from secure-mail. But it seems that this a general problem with SMF.

@artshiraz: In the dark corners near to Karlsruhe^^

@Gun Bunny: Ok, I will have a look on this.