Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691056
  • Total Topics: 118367
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 7TV  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Mahwell skel

• Librarian
7TV
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
I have had a look at this and possibly it could be a way to lure my cousin into the dark side of miniture gaming. He is a big Bond fan and all things related (and Spy vs Spy!) and also Zombies (everyone loves Zombies) but I have a couple of questions about the game that I thought some Laffers might be able to help me with.

I was wondering about how easy it is to pick up and play this game?

The On Her Madge's Service board looks amazing but the reality is that is way beyond my abilities (and time). There is loads of nice resin scenery about for contol rooms etc. and I thought perhaps using that on a white board with drawn on walls might not look completely brilliant but will allow the game to be played with some replay value and maybe even allow time for walls and doors to be built. Does anyone else do this?

What size is a decent board going to need to be?

I was thinking along the lines of some figs, some furniture and a white board might be enough to hook him. Thanks

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
Re: 7TV
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the interest. Now I obviously have a vested interest, but we play on anything from 2 foot square to 4 foot square.

I've seen folks play with a variety of scenery - from basic bits and bobs to the same kind of mental efforts I tend to go as a terrainhead.

There isn't a great plethora of modern terrain out there TBH, but Ainsty Castings do a dedicated Spy-Fi range and Copplestone do standalone doors and 60s computer consoles in their Kiss Kiss bang Bang range.

Sarrisa Precision have just started some laser cut gantry and walkways that would work too. Plus there a fair bit of modern cardstock scenery out there.

Kev Dallimore had a recent game on some nice floorplans with standalone Copplestone and Ainsty pieces. I'll see if he's happy for me to share the gallery to give you an idea of what can be done for a quick, cheap and good looking game.

If you are at Salute, we'll have some quick play 2x2 foot boards that you can try out the rules on.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:05:05 PM by uti long smile »
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
I picked the rulebook up today its a thing of beauty I just can't wait to get started!

Offline ancient one

• Bookworm
  • ....he's behind me right
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »
Fantastic game. I was inspired to get a copy of the rules and the summer special expansion after seeing the demo run at Waylands Forge last weekend (18/02). The board set up was a thing of beauty.
Oh and the mini's are fantastic.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »
I didn't make the demo game sadly but I've picked up quite a bit of Crooked Dice stuff and Impressed with it all