Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] 3D Forge Miniatures Kickstarter  (Read 11916 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Re: 3D Forge Miniatures new Zombie Miniatures Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »

Have to wait and see. If anyone here who backed it gets a refund please leave a comment so we can see it really is happening.

I got a note back from KickStarter after I submitted an inquiry.   They say all refunds went out yesterday.   My credit card does not show a pending transaction yet though, let alone a processed refund.   KS said it can take 'a few days'.  I've never seen that with my bank but I'll give them a couple of days.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
I received a similar response from Kickstarter. Still no refund.  :(

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »
Yeah I got the same, they said to contact them in two working days if therefund had not shown up so I will give them until Monday morning.
The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
Re: (COMMERCIAL) 3D Forge Miniatures Kickstarter
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:50 AM »
Just received my refund. It was a couple of dollars short. I guess the exchange rate has changed since they took the money out of my account.  :(

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 06:49:21 AM »
Still no refund, or signs of an incoming one :( I just presume that it will be a couple of money short due to exchange rates and those "must-add" administration fees.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
Still no refund, or signs of an incoming one :( I just presume that it will be a couple of money short due to exchange rates and those "must-add" administration fees.

I wasn't in on this one, but I really don't think it's OK if backers don't get their full amount refunded; when/if a person/company decides to cancel a project, all fees should be covered by him/she/it. You, as backers. have no responsibilithy for the project being cancelled, thus you should not carry any risk.

If the shortage is only due to exchange rates, there's nothing much to say to it, but I would go check the development of the relevant exchange rate, anyway.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
Hmm its certainly made me think that I wont be bothering with any more kickstarters.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 03:36:22 PM »
Hmm its certainly made me think that I wont be bothering with any more kickstarters.

I agree - there have been some serious stinkers with KS lately. I have never done one, honestly, but I am glad I avoided the frenzy!
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:36 AM »
Ok well I actually got the full £77 that I invested but i guess thats because it was a UK company so no conversion charges. 

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »
Glad to hear they are coming through, still waiting any information on mine though. Not showing as pending on my account yet.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »
My refund finally hit.   I'm short just under 2 bucks due to the change in exchange rate.   Obviously 2 bucks isn't going to break me, but it does suck that I have to eat it.   

"Thanks for funding my project, sorry I won't be able to deliver, here is most of your money back."

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
I agree - there have been some serious stinkers with KS lately. I have never done one, honestly, but I am glad I avoided the frenzy!

I think kickstarter is great, but the issue at the moment is that first the small ptomaines got big funding with well planned games years in the making,so the big companies moved in and got even bigger funding for single box games that they probably had planned for retail release anyway, and now a new crop of smaller companies have popped up with half planned kickstarters trying to catch the end of the frenzy without any real plans beyond "here's an idea,here's what we think it'll cost."
Hopefully it'll pass and we can go back to a handful of well planned personal projects that might not deliver straight away or have huge stretch goals but are at least well planned and achievable for a small company..
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 11:38:49 PM »
I looked this over a few times, and was very tempted to go for some of the terrain, but in the end I had the same concerns over concept to shipped product, and so far the track record of this design method hasnt been up to my tastes..
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »
Got my refund through today, lost about £1 on the currency variance to euros, so a little less than 1%.
Also got an email/backer message from 3DF offering to let backers know in advance when the kickstarter campaign will be re-launched. Guess time will tell if they have lost backer support/trust with the way the last one ended.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:03 PM »
Got my refund through today, lost about £1 on the currency variance to euros, so a little less than 1%.
Also got an email/backer message from 3DF offering to let backers know in advance when the kickstarter campaign will be re-launched. Guess time will tell if they have lost backer support/trust with the way the last one ended.
Honestly, yes. While the project failed due to unforseen circumstances, they were very honest with the reasons and were quick to refund. I respect that immensly and will support the next attempt :) Transparency in these failed and muddy ks times are rare indeed.