Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690602
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Flames of War Mid War demo game pictures  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Flames of War Mid War demo game pictures
« on: March 05, 2012, 08:03:55 AM »
I snapped a few pictures when we were playing down at the FoW club this Sunday. We had a couple of  new players checking out the game and the FoW community so two demo games were held. And me and my buddy David managed to try out each of our 500points worth of painted up North Afrika models while playing the demo.

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.com/2012/03/fow-mid-war-demo-games.html

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
Re: Flames of War Mid War demo game pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
The more I see those kind of pictures, the more the urge rises to restart the game...

... but I fear my gaming group would beat me to a pulp as they sold of most their collections at Crisis past year due to the game being `dead` at TSA since a year or 2 - 3  :-X

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
The more I see those kind of pictures, the more the urge rises to restart the game...

... but I fear my gaming group would beat me to a pulp as they sold of most their collections at Crisis past year due to the game being `dead` at TSA since a year or 2 - 3  :-X

The game isnt dead, its silly, but not dead.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »
Hence the `at TSA` part

No-one plays it here anymore (heck, my local group where the only ones to start with, it never even actually took of)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
I have a bunch of friends playing it, and they seem to have fun, wich I suppose is the whole idea of wargaming. However, it just wasnt my (and my gaming groups) cup of tea.
Also, it seems to be the way a lot of GW kids move on to something new, wich I would dare to say is a good thing (I dont mind GW games at all, I just dont like the domination over other games), and hence can be lured in to other types of wargaming as well in the end.
Besides, the game looks good, both the models and the rulebooks, and not to mention the tables them self if exectued well. All those vehicles looks impressive, wich I take it is one of the selling points.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »
Yeah the game is pretty "gamey" compared to most of the other stuff I play which is more driven by a story, theme or a weird setting. A step up from GW’s WHFB/WH40k, but fairly close in style and execution. Then again I played Imperial Guard when I played WH40k and Empire when I played WHFB so I guess I always leaned more towards “normal humans” and historical gaming rather than freaky aliens or magic toad-people in my army choices.

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »
Don`t get me wrong, I don`t have any problems with the game itself, it`s just well, my regulars tend to slack

When we decide to try something, let`s say we`re averaging a group of 8 within a club of 100, 4 jump on the bandwagon immediatly, 2 want to see it first and 2 say no

of those 4, 2 manage to get an actual army (let alone get it painted) and play it, for weeks on end between slowly the other 2 catching up, and the other 4 in various degrees of intrest still in the deciding factor.  By the time they jump on the wagon, we`re 6 months or more down the road, tired of playing it, and it all gets shelved in the `projects not taken off` category.  A syndrome my group suffers very badly about (latest example: after 2.5 YEARS we finally might start playing Uncharted Seas... in a few months)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »
Don`t get me wrong, I don`t have any problems with the game itself, it`s just well, my regulars tend to slack

When we decide to try something, let`s say we`re averaging a group of 8 within a club of 100, 4 jump on the bandwagon immediatly, 2 want to see it first and 2 say no

of those 4, 2 manage to get an actual army (let alone get it painted) and play it, for weeks on end between slowly the other 2 catching up, and the other 4 in various degrees of intrest still in the deciding factor.  By the time they jump on the wagon, we`re 6 months or more down the road, tired of playing it, and it all gets shelved in the `projects not taken off` category.  A syndrome my group suffers very badly about (latest example: after 2.5 YEARS we finally might start playing Uncharted Seas... in a few months)

Hehe, I am well aware of these syndromes that your group suffers. However, we have taken a new course... some of us simply just decide what to play, get miniatures and whatnots and paints it. They want to play... pay up! ;-)