Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for useful miniatures for a Deus Ex Human Revolution themed table.  (Read 14111 times)

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Is the game any good btw?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Oh hell yes  :D

I keep loosing time. I die in it fairly often too but not in a frustrating way, unless I forgot to save...
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Is the game any good btw?

Very. Had it for a while and never got round to playing it, played it through to the FEMA levels then started it again from scratch playing it how I used to play the first game, bloody amazing and worthy prequel/successor to the first from 2000.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
There's something oddly satisfying about hacking your enemies' system and turning all their automated defences against them, then watching them get slaughtered on a monitor with your feet up, a cuppa and a biscuit.

You'd think they'd stop building these things with a 'shoot us/shoot the enemy' toggle switch. Game baddies never seem to learn, though.  lol

I found the "zombie" levels in the end game rather tedious, mind. And I hate boss battles in any game. They really yank you out of the immersion, I find. Suddenly all your normal sneaky tactics you've been perfecting aren't possible and for some reason you are in a sealed gladiatorial arena. Just feels like you are yanked out of the game world and are playing a different game for a few minutes. I hate that. Thankfully there aren't all that many in this game, and they aren't that hard to beat. Still can't stand the concept, though.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
typhoon system...boss leveller. :D

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
When you first activate the typhoon system, do you have any ammo for it? I've just gone inside the main complex in the fema level and suspect a boss fight may be coming...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
You should have ammo, you get some right at the beginning and it should be in your inventory. You'll also be able to buy some from the merchant in the old petrol station plus the LIMB clinic. I'm toying with going back to before the start of highlands park as I had to dump my tranq gun in the DBR gun cache before shutting down the transmitter and didn't go and get it before dusting off in the helo.

My gaming style for this is totally covert now and I feel like I'm missing a friend without dear sweet tranqi! also there's tonnes of traq darts if you look for them :D.

Although the stun gun has a short range rather than just the close range from the first game (which I didn't realise until I cleared out 8 belltower ops by crouching in the upper control room doorway and zapping em as they moved forward...humane and satisfying ;) ).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:07:40 AM by Commander Vyper »

Offline sykoholic

• Bookworm
  • Part Evil Genius, Part Village Idiot
sykoholic on Today at 12:24:11 AM

You might check out "Rezolution" by Aberrant

http://www.aberrantgames.com/darktomorrow.html.

Some of the Ronin and Dravani figures might fit in with what you're looking for.

Commander Vyper on March 03, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

Know about the ranges from G.O.T, Ikore, urban mammoth, copplestone, E4-M, East riding, aberrant games, hasslefree, heresy, pig iron and infinity, but any other cyberpunk/augmented/near future figures out that that would fit with the theme:

::)

:D

*facepalm*

Gah! I swear I read the thread three times to make sure Aberrant wasn't already mentioned before posting the suggestion. Screw this! I'm going back to bed.
"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Hardwire troop acquired (thatnks Aircav). Also ordered a little mix of Em-4 future wars minis, the cyborg makes for a great female heavily augmented subject. The Alien 'ghost' (kinda like Gyver armour) will also make for a nice mini once I lose the wrist blades and swop the head out for a human head. Also ordered some of Doug's cops, (nothing like the Deus Ex ones but nice future minis), and a few street exotics to add that ganger flavour.

Going to hack some up and use the Em-4 robots (terminators) for augmentation donor work, (legs and some arms, leaving me some torsos for another idea I have for my terminator salvation project, long shelved).

Cheers all

The Commander

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
When you first activate the typhoon system, do you have any ammo for it? I've just gone inside the main complex in the fema level and suspect a boss fight may be coming...

Stun gun and three sniper rounds to the neck. ;)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
I ditched the typhoon ammo at the beginning, I think I left it in my room as I hadn't activated the typhoon system. Didn't take the sniper rifle or the rocket launcher due to how much space they take up. Suspect that may have been a mistake now I've been killed several times by the boss...

Tried stunning him and throwing explosive barrels, that works until he lands a few grenades :(
I shall persevere!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Also ordered some more EM-4 corporate/swat types for use as Sarif security, never ceases to amaze me how those old sculpts continue to be totally useful in loads of different projects, and still only £1.28 a mini!!!!  :o

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
I ditched the typhoon ammo at the beginning, I think I left it in my room as I hadn't activated the typhoon system. Didn't take the sniper rifle or the rocket launcher due to how much space they take up. Suspect that may have been a mistake now I've been killed several times by the boss...

Tried stunning him and throwing explosive barrels, that works until he lands a few grenades :(
I shall persevere!

If its the first boss I killed him without using any of my weapons ;)
the second died to the typhoon system and the others were a little easy to kill using the laser.
Damn fun game though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:38:59 PM by ryoden »
The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead

I shall persevere!

I kept zapping him with the stun gun, and pumping 10mm pistol shots at his head at close range. An EMP grenade helped, too. Agree about the stupidity of boss fights, they are a real immersion killer in a game like this.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Anyway back to the mini project.... ;).

Need some alternative ganger sculpts to augment, thinking that foundry streetwars will have some suitable bangers, will need to look through copplestone's future wars stuff. EM-4 carry the thugz range but a little too posed I think.