Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Matchlock miniatures Czech Legion  (Read 8256 times)

Offline INOFF THE RED

• Bookworm
    • Caliver Dave
Matchlock miniatures Czech Legion
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
Hi chaps

as one of the League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers (Evil Chinese Warlord army at your service) I thought it about time I had a few BoB figures  made to add to Mr Langan's already groaning dining table- nay, banqueting table, full of troops

A helpful Mr Sims have come to my aid so the first of some strange stuff is now on site

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk

THere will be some at WMMS this week- COme to the Caliver STand and demand a peak - or even buy some - my team are there but I am AWOL indulging in another 3 days of BoB Madness Chez Langan's Gaff Nouveau

Dave
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:56:50 PM by Prof.Witchheimer »

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: MATCHLOCK MINIATURES CZECH LEGION
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »
Pics Dave?
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Matchlock miniatures Czech Legion
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:07:01 PM »
No pic on the site  just this:

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=6&CategoryID=36&SubCategoryID=218

Czechs in gasmasks, would be passing strange indeed.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline INOFF THE RED

• Bookworm
    • Caliver Dave
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »
Thanks Carlos

Far too computer illiterate to be able to uplaod pics myself

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 02:34:23 AM »
Gasmasks? Interesting sculpting choice.

I know chemical warfare was used a couple of times, or at least attempted, during the RCW, but it wasn't common.

Offline Ataman

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 04:23:23 AM »
Gasmasks? Interesting sculpting choice.

I know chemical warfare was used a couple of times, or at least attempted, during the RCW, but it wasn't common.

I believe the only mass usage of chemical warfare during the RCW period was when Tukhachevsky and his Red Army buddies gassed the Tambov Army out of their forests. I've never read anything concerning the Reds using gas against the Whites.

I've also heard that the British may have supplied Yudenich's Whites with some gas shells, but either they were not used or simply not used effectively enough to warrant mention.

As such, these Czechs would probably fit better as a WW1 unit than an RCW one. Of course, that only applies if you want a strictly historically accurate army. If it looks good and is vaguely in-period, get it  :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:24:55 AM by Ataman »

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 05:43:09 AM »
In fact, many times, chemical weapons used in the RCW. And White, and Red and interventionists.

The use of such weapons Red against the Tambov rebels, became widely known thanks to the anti-Soviet agitation, after the fall of Communism in Russia. In fact, it was the fact that forest fire chemical shells, where supposedly hidden remnants of the defeated rebels. After inspection of the forest people there were not found. Shelled an empty area.

As an opposite example, the fact of firing chemical shells the Czech artillery - Red partisans in the destruction of Taseevsk Soviet Republic in Siberia.

But almost all cases the use of chemical weapons were not very effective for many reasons. Summary - incompetence and inexperience of the people, it's weapons were used.

That's a good article on the use of chemical weapons during the suppression of the Tambov rebellion: http://scepsis.ru/library/id_2974.html

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
Glad to see some new figures for BOB - have ordered some from Caliver.  I have some of Mark Sims North Star SCW figures and they are very good.

Offline INOFF THE RED

• Bookworm
    • Caliver Dave
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
I'm glad that the Lead Adventure forum is less fazed by chaps in Gas Masks than TMP. - you would have thought I  had released  a range of FRench Napoleonic Grenadiers with Three Musketeer Cassacks!

It's the first of a range (next one in big wooly coat);  I am certain that even if  gas was limited on the front,  (and now I find out it was more used than I thought- thanks the ever useful Cuprum) there are many a reasons to wear a mask in action that do not require the enemy to also don them

But mainly- I've already got all sorts of weirdness in my amies and it's a great figure that no one else does.  My ECW army is as near accurate as you can get adn I get my pent up authenti-naziness with that and Re-enactment,  but my BoBarmy  is fun- Heavy coated woolie hatted Siberian rifles advance into action on the same table as Russians in SUmmer gear, US Marines in shirt sleeves; Semi naked Chinese and weird looking heavily tooled up in masks Italian Arditii and German stormtroopers.

I'm even eyeing up some of the Evil EMpire's Resin 40K stuff that are heavily WWI based

SO Stand by for even more weird figures (Bengal lancers charging with Lance on Foot  I just noticed in a London Illustated News. - Hmm one for the list

Dave

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »
I'm glad that the Lead Adventure forum is less fazed by chaps in Gas Masks than TMP. - you would have thought I  had released  a range of FRench Napoleonic Grenadiers with Three Musketeer Cassacks!

Remember that on TMP the rules are "If you can't say anything nice, say it loudly." People there tend to complain without offering any real solutions to problems.

It's the first of a range (next one in big wooly coat)

I've seen the pics. Nice sculpts but nothing that catches my eye as particularly "Czech-ish" looking. Company B sells Czechs in winter clothing and the big wooly coats. Do these figs match well with them or Copplestones or Brigade Games' Czechs? Thanks and good luck.

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
It's the first of a range (next one in big wooly coat);  I am certain that even if  gas was limited on the front,  (and now I find out it was more used than I thought- thanks the ever useful Cuprum) there are many a reasons to wear a mask in action that do not require the enemy to also don them

The issue from a historical point of view is not that gas wasn't used in the RCW. It was that no-one had gas masks. (If they had, I doubt gas would have been used at all.)

That said, I don't get the bitching either. Those figures work historically for Russians in WWI, and as semi-fantasy for BoB, without duplicating other's work. They should get twice the love.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
Have seen the figures in the flesh this weekend.  The pics don't do them justice.  They are excellent.  Ideal to fill in gaps in other ranges.
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
Received half a dozen of them in the post today - great figures - hope there is more to come.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
I have missed these  :o

Thanks for the heads up!