Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690963
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Children of Goodness - Post Apoc Cultists.  (Read 2685 times)

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
The Children of Goodness - Post Apoc Cultists.
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
Apologies for the frequency of my posts. I keep finding my creations on another forum and I am posting them up here.

The Children of Goodness.

The Children is a wasteland cult. The cult has its foundations in old Earth Christianity and it formed in the days following the orbital firestorm of Mattblackgod's world. Cult myths maintain that a St Duncan (probably the founder member of the cult) led the chosen few through the fires to salvation.

Salvation was a sports stadium in the ruins of Civilisation. The Stadium was based next to a once public park. The cult started to fortify the stadium and converting it for crow growing. During these dark days a healer rose in the ranks of the cult who could make powerful drugs. Soon St Gladys joined the cult’s sainthood. Her signature mark was to make homemade sweets which the cult distributed to “worthy” folks in the wastelands.

The main crop of the cultists was drugs and the cult suffered many addicts. However the addictions helped control of the followers.

There was another untouched sports stadium on the other side of the now wild park lands. A force of ex-police moved in along with other survivors. The Cop Shop was born (which later went on to become the Krap2Idiots Corporation).

Five years after the firestorm, Chairman Potter the leader of the Cop shop enclave decided to expand. He ultimately wanted control of the city ruins. The enclave launched a series of raids and attacks on the local gangs, not to mention the theft of a bull dozer from the Schmittville town 20 miles east of the ruins.

It wasn’t too long until the Cop Shop started to want the park lands, some of which the Children of Goodness now used for crops.

Pope Duncan (not the original St Duncan who died from illness the year before) launched a war of attrition, destroying the bull dozer. They were getting the upper hand and the Cop Shop sent a patrol to call for aid from another enclave in the city. The patrol was lead by Potter’s brother. They never reached the other enclave. The cult ambushed them and Potter’s brother was killed.

On the news of his brother’s death, Potter launched all his forces at the cultists forcing them back into their stadium fortress. A huge assault was launched and the cultists took a beating. The pope was killed in the battle and the remaining cultists fled the city ruins.

Pope Duncan II led the cult through the wastelands on a new path. The path of the destruction of the non-believer. The cult made few friends. It pushed deep into the wastes.

Today, seventy years on the cult still exists. Recently Pope Duncan III led his forces against various places and kept getting defeated. Upon his death in battle a new Pope was chosen.

Pope Moyes

This Pope did not take the name “Duncan” but kept his own. Pope Moyes changed the cult into a new model. The only way to gain power through people was to make the cult the people’s cult (or so Moyes claims St Duncan told him in a dream!). The followers would be kept safe in a new (secret) fortified monastery and drugs distributed. Only chosen followers would wander the wastelands to spread the word and recruit. Chosen followers are often recruited for combat ability as well as fanatical belief in the cult.

Chosen Followers of the Children of Goodness

The cult has turned back to old values. They keep themselves to themselves, unless it is preaching time. At services (often carried out in wasteland towns much to the annoyance of its occupants) hallucigenic toffees are handed out as gifts and symbols of the life of “purity and Godliness”.

Clut sisters have white ribbon sown into the bottom of their robes as a tirbute to St Gladys

The chosen will help wastelanders if asked and fight only for their own defence or the defence of the weak.

Despite the turn around the cult is still mistrusted and has a lot of enemies in the wastelands. Fighting is a daily occurrence for the chosen followers.  

Cult Officer or "Bishop"

Clut Healer - denoted by white ribbons on sleeves of the robe. Again in honor of St Gladys

Cultists sportong a Russian PPSh submachine gun - conversion

The history is from a Babylon's Burning Campaign I ran a few years ago.

All minis are old (OOP) Hetzerdog Bablyons Burning minis.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:46:38 PM by mattblackgod »
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Re: The Children of Goodness - Post Apoc Cultists.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
Those look awesome.  :-*
I like the color choices and the background information.

I'm most likely going to steal your ideas.  ;D

Hope you don't mind.  :)

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »
As a Liverpudlian - I say bravo!

Maybe you should have a small rebel gang fighting against the Cop Shop to reclaim the stadium of Saint Shanks?  :D

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:35 PM »
No worries Aggro - I will be interested to see what you come up with.

@ Cypher226 - I was wondering how long it was until someone got the references.  lol  That's and idea.

When I drew up the campaign I was rolling dice to see who had what part of the city and what was lost (in the Babylon's Burning setting the world is destroyed by multiple asteroid impacts). It was just luck that the Stadiums rolled as survived and that the Cultists got one and the Enclave the other. I then tried to draw up backgrounds related to them both.  lol

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »
nice,never heard of that Range before,i like the Cultist Officer with Sword,i could have use for them too  lol

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:05:57 AM »
Fine looking figs.
Really enjoyed reading the background story.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:43 AM »
Does any one still sale these mins?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Mutant Jon

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 06:31:49 AM »
Nice Job. Love those Babylons Burning cultists shame they're OOP.

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
No, a freind of mine was looking for them recently. The old BB guys don't have any left and Amazon miniatures no longer have any.  :'( Shame as the line was really characterful.