Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Entry For Roebeasts Trash Bash Comp (Yea, Second Place!! :-) now pic heavy!)  (Read 9510 times)

Offline MODman

• Librarian
the paint job always makes or breaks these things..............yours = make, wonderful work

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Wow that is lovely!

How on earth did you manage that weathered look?!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline ollv

• Scientist
    • Imagifig
Great job. The long legs give some style. The painting is very good too.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Awesome work there Andy. It looks like the illicit lovechild of an AT-AT and a Timberwolf/Mad Cat. And I love it!

Congrats on coming second; when you started blogging this thing here, I already told myself your entry would be the one to watch. And for good reason, as it turns out now.

Of course I was unaware of the winning entry, as that has been kept pretty close to the chest. As was mine, come to think of it... ::)

I had the same problem with the interior of my entry by the way; I took a picture before closing it up and finishing the exterior. Almost felt like the sealing of a ship into a bottle; all that work, now hidden away and only visible with a magnifying glass and a searchlight... :D

Will you be actually using this piece in a game?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Cheers Daeothar! Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I would have loved to see your detailed interior for your observatory! I don't know about you but struggled for time! I could done with a bit longer to maybe put unit markings and badges over it. Looking at my interior again, its probably for the best it didn't get shown , it could do with a bit more time spent on it as well..

Cheers for the nice comments guys!

Dr The Viking-the weathering is really a bit of an accident. I'm terrible at doing washes and they always end up blotchy. Lucky for me when I dry brushed alot of white on top it made it look beat up. The paints I used were all GW- white spray undercoat, followed by a chaos black/dark flesh wash. Once that was dry I used GWs drybrush-brush and applied skull white. If it didn't look white enough I applied another layer making it whiter towards the top of any panels. Pure skull white was then applied on blotches which I would eventually turn into scratches by painting chaos black/dark flesh mix to make it look like dents. If you paint watered down dark flesh from the edges it looks like rust. Job done.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
 :-* :-* :-*

Cracking work, Andy!

Well thought and brilliantly executed, finished off with a great paintjob.
Congratulations on the 2nd place.
I dont envy the judges, there were some masterpieces to choose from.
It could not have been easy.

Going to have to go back through the thread again and again to identify all the bits used.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Love that observatory too... what components went into that?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Cheers Daeothar! Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I would have loved to see your detailed interior for your observatory! I don't know about you but struggled for time! I could done with a bit longer to maybe put unit markings and badges over it.
Oh you have no idea... ::) I finished mine, including the pictures, list and fluff at 0330h local time, on a workday. I felt that the next morning at the office... o_o

I had wanted to paint up some more minis to go with it, and also some other buildings I have in the works, but alas; those are the mysteries of our own subjective universes; one moment you still have two weeks left and are ahead of schedule, the next, you're slaving away through the night with black ringed eyes, only hours remaining before the deadline....

And since my gaming table is in storage in the garage, and retrieving it would probably have woken up half the street, I decided to create a little diorama right here on my desk, not 10cm away from my keyboard. My wife had some interesting questions the following day... lol

And I sent in a picture of the interior, but it was not put up. I will start a thread on my entry shortly, and I will show some interior shots there...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Very very very nice indeed mate, looks like a newborn AT-AT struggling to get to his feet, aww bless.

(Seriously good use of sweet boxes there too).

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.