Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690465
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wargames Factory German Infantry  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Wargames Factory German Infantry
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »
Beside of the horrible picture on the box... i have to say: It is the first box from WF that i definitely like!

The poses, the details, and even the joints (err, not great joints though) looks ok!

and the price is even cheaper than the bolt action ones!

maybe the new owners have guts?

http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/world-war-2/wwii-german-infantry-platoon

what do you think about it? Not high quality pieces, but still very cheap, and a lot of conversion weapons, also!

Offline arktos

• Bookworm
Re: Wargames Factory German Infantry
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
From the photos they look o.k but ...Late War Germans ... again ...  :(

The plastics from B.A.M are far better.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
They Look very nice, but I Must See them in Real. To compare I Need pictures with both...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
Helmets look a bit odd but as I said, they look like a vast improvement on their earlier stuff. Apparently plastic GIs coming soon.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »
Look better than I expected.  Wish there were some assault rifles in the box. 
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:29:46 PM »
heh, i would kill for only-weapons sprue. i know warlord games (BAM) has those sprues, but they are not available via Maelstrom Games, so... no buy! ;)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 11:55:09 PM »
I dont understand the reasoning behind a release of a set of plastic germans, when Warlord Games version exists, unless it would have been to make a far superior set, better looking figs etc. Something I think they have failed to do.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »
I dont understand the reasoning behind a release of a set of plastic germans, when Warlord Games version exists, unless it would have been to make a far superior set, better looking figs etc. Something I think they have failed to do.

they could have done it better, but it is interesting, and i like this as much as the WG one. maybe more.

And that's odd said from me, i'm quite a WF hater.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
they could have done it better, but it is interesting, and i like this as much as the WG one. maybe more.

And that's odd said from me, i'm quite a WF hater.

I dont find it even remotedly more interesting than Warlord Games Plastics, wich are okay in many ways, especially the weapons (I am aware of the fact that they are thinner in their appearance than the normally bulkier metal ones, but I like that) that can be bought seperatly from Warlord Games webshop.

Hate? I save my hate for other things than plastic or metal miniatures. Hate is a very strong word and should not be abused in a simple context like wargaming. I dislike Wargames Factory plastics, thats quite enough for me.

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »

Slightly odd logic. You wouldn't raise an eyebrow if a lead manufacturer released a new range of WW2 Germans. Why is plastic any different?

I've also found the earlier WF plastics to be pretty dire, but I am actually tempted by these. Seems to have been a pretty low gradient learning curve and needed a change of ownership, but credit where it's due.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 02:09:10 AM »
Slightly odd logic. You wouldn't raise an eyebrow if a lead manufacturer released a new range of WW2 Germans. Why is plastic any different?

I've also found the earlier WF plastics to be pretty dire, but I am actually tempted by these. Seems to have been a pretty low gradient learning curve and needed a change of ownership, but credit where it's due.

In what way is my logic odd? Please do explain. I find nothing strange in my comment, and I am sure it can even be said to be supported by the way some companies are trying to release a "better" looking metal figure (or be it plastic) than an allready existing range. *confused*

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »
In what way is my logic odd? Please do explain. I find nothing strange in my comment, and I am sure it can even be said to be supported by the way some companies are trying to release a "better" looking metal figure (or be it plastic) than an allready existing range. *confused*

Hum... i'm not shure about it. If the market is big enough, you have to put you product, even though it is not superior. you'll have your slice of the customers, this way!

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »
I'd assumed WF had died, but no, here they are again...

Better, yes, but considering their competition, not even worth a look-in. At this rate they'll have released something worth buying, oh, at least within the next decade!
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »
I'd assumed WF had died, but no, here they are again...

Better, yes, but considering their competition, not even worth a look-in. At this rate they'll have released something worth buying, oh, at least within the next decade!

if i had to choose, i'd go with the bolt action ones. But it's because i'm a modellist. A wargamer should go for this, they are quite half expensive than the wg ones (1£ versus 0.75$)!!

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »
WF had that reference in WIP for years, even before BAM released their excellent range. I guess WF just release it because they put some money in its developpement ... Now I gotta join the chorus and praise BAM for being already there for some time and for being of a better quality.
the only limited good point on behalf of WF is being slightly cheaper (yet in every way :/ )