Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690821
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!  (Read 24952 times)

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
Re: Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
Bummer. I'm sure I'm not the only one  o_o that wanted to see your rolls on them.  :o
Never tell me the odds.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2012, 03:08:02 AM »
And finally heres some new pics of the Bloodwolf Tribe greens. First, here’s the whole gang all together..

Next, here’s the description of the gang that will be in the rulebook:

The Saltpan Plains beyond the town’s boundaries are a dangerous place filled with many hazards. The terrain is harsh and tough as are those that choose to live upon its dusty back. Hidden amongst the boulders, outcrops and scrub are many tribes of Indians, most famous being The Bloodwolf Tribe. Hardened against the elements and fiercly loyal, the Bloodwolf have their own reasons for coming into the town of Blackwater Gulch.

Their true names are a secret only those within the Tribe will ever know, so when they came raiding into town, or were seen from a distance, the people of Blackwater Gulch gave them their own nicknames. Their Chief is “The Hawk”, his tomahawk a deadly mix of weapon and totem. “Boneshirt” scouts for the Tribe, his longrifle keen to pick out distant targets while “Top Hat” is keen to stand and fight, gunslinger style. “Mohawk” and “Spearman” are ferocious, deadly warriors, comfortable in any terrain as they are in the streets of Blackwater Gulch.

And last but not least, here’s a few closeup shots. I’ll have more to share in the next couple of days :)

Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 12:21:13 AM »
Those look AWESOME!!!!! The list gets bigger.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
Here’s 3 more greens, for the last 2 Bloodwolf figures, plus another one of the Vigilance Committee, Sam Winston.

I’m hoping to have pics of the last 3 Vigilance Committee figures from Brother Vinni later this week, and then that will be it for the 4 main starter sets. After that, we’ll start working on our next wave of figures which will be a 5th starter for a gang of drifters and 3 more Hired Guns. I'll have concepts for them to show off soon :)

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
I haven't seen a model yet in this line that I'm not excited about owning. This is really damned exciting!

You mentioned you'd be at GenCon. Will you be there the whole time?

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2012, 04:51:15 PM »
I'm planning to be there Friday and Saturday, (traveling to and from thursday and sunday). I figured those would be the best 2 days to be there. I'll be hanging out in the Game Salute area. I think they have 2 places though, one for selling stuff and the other for gaming so I'll be on the gaming side :)

Never been to a real game con before :)

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
I'm planning to be there Friday and Saturday, (traveling to and from thursday and sunday). I figured those would be the best 2 days to be there. I'll be hanging out in the Game Salute area. I think they have 2 places though, one for selling stuff and the other for gaming so I'll be on the gaming side :)

Never been to a real game con before :)

Awesome! I'll be there for the whole event. When I'm not running my volunteer shifts I'll be sure to come by and say hello.

And get you to play a game or two!

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
I'm putting togeather a list of figs I'm interested in. I'm just curious when the Swede and Dice will be shipped to the contribiters? No rush. Just curious.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
We'll be shipping the dice and bonus figs along with your order. But unfortunately it ended up taking a lot longer than I hoped to get everything sculpted, and the overseas shipping has been getting slower and slower :( So I'm expecting and hoping to have everything done in september now, instead of august. Like the last 2 figs that were just finished probably won't get master molds done for another 3-4 weeks, followed by another 3-4 to get all the figures produced, and I was warned that with GenCon being in the middle of august, it's gonna screw up the schedule with my production company.

I think I'm starting to see why some companies don't even announce new stuff till it's almost done.. you never knew how long it will take to make :)

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
I apologise if i upset you. curiosity killed the cat. I have a list of what I'm looking at. I am dieing for all the releases. You got some very nice figs. I hope you keep coming up with and realeasing more. you are doing a great job. Congrats.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2012, 04:15:42 AM »
hehe thanks :) Yes I don't plan to stop anytime soon. After these first 4 starters are released we'll be doing a 5th starter from the Kickstarter backer that got to design their own gang, and then 3 more hired guns from other backers that got to design their own character.

Then we'll be doing 3-man add-on packs for each gang to expand them. Right now I'm planning on 3 add on sets per gang, which will make 14 models each. And then do a full gang box set with 1 bonus figur, maybe like an alternate gang leader.

And then there's plans for whole other gangs too.. I'd like to do a hillbilly/mountain men gang, cajun themed gang, and carnival folks. And then there's cavalry and stage coaches... lots and lots planned :)

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
so so so so gutted i missed the kickstarter on this.... :'( :'( :'(

guess i'll just have to buy it online..
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
I wish I was able to keep it going and keep taking pledges till everything is made :) But we'll most likely set up some kind of pre-order system once we have all the box sets together.

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2012, 07:21:05 PM »
Could these make it to the top of the list.
Hillbilly/mountain men gang, cajun themed gang
I want to add some Rednecks to my Games.