Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!  (Read 24951 times)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Re: Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 12:46:38 AM »
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has backed the game so far or still is interested in the game. I'm very excited to see this succeed in just 48 hours! But let's not stop there! I've just updated the Kickstarter project page created some stretch goals for the project, which are:

STRETCH GOAL #1 - $6000 - If we can reach $6000, I'll will be able to fund a third box set. This set will be The Bloodwolf Tribe, a Native American themed gang. Concept art for this gang is still in production, but I have one figure sketched out so far, shown below. I'll update the image as I get more!

BONUS - If we make it to $6000, every backer who pledged $30 or more will recieve specially made, custom Sheriff Dice at the rate of 1 D6 per $1500 generated. So, that will be 4 dice to start with, and the more we can make the more you will get! These dice are ONLY being created for this Kickstarter campaign and will never, ever be available ever again. These dice will be 16mm with a 6-pointed sheriff start on the #6 side. When we have a sample we'll show it here, for now, here is what the emblem will look like:

STRETCH GOAL #2 - $9000 - If we can reach this goal, we will be able to fund a fourth box set. This set will be The Bandidos Mexicanos, a Mexican themed gang. Concept art will be produced and I'll add images as soon as I have them. Expect to see plenty of criss-crossing bullet belts, federales, machetes and sombreros!

BONUS: If we make it to $9000, every backer who pledged $30 or more will receive The Norwegian for FREE. This Hired Gun can be added to any gang, and will have stats similar to a gang leader, with unique weapons not available to normal characters in the game. Sculpted & designed by Pedro Ramos, The Norwegian is based on a character from the AMC show "Hell on Wheels". This model will be available for sale on our website later, however he's being offered free to Kickstarter backers. He'll be available probably around the same time as the Vigilance Committee figures.

Thank you again for your support! I can't wait to see how far we can take this and start bringing you all the best Wild West figures around!
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 02:03:26 PM »
...But he's Swedish...no wait, that's not right  lol
Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »
I changed the name to avoid any kind of copyright info that could happen some day. But then I think I remember on the show he said he was actually Norwegian, but everyone called him The Swede instead.. I guess cowboys didn't know the difference :)

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
In El Dorado John Wayne takes Mississippi (James Caan) to the Swede for his
"Can't miss with that thing" gun.
Never tell me the odds.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 12:51:31 PM »
I just read about the progress for Blackwater Gulch, something that is really exiting and promising. I do hope that this project will go really well, and I will absolutely shape up and take part of it and make my pledge.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 12:57:46 PM »
All this is very promising! =) I hope you reach the highest goal, more miniatures for everyone! =)

I never understood exactely how kickstarter works: what if i pledge a project? will i have only the benefits, or also my money back? Because for the 30 dollars one is reasonable, but for the 1000 dollars is something that only a very rich one could afford, since is not an investiment but a ... luxury!

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
The way it works is, if you want one box set you would pledge $30. When I get the models produced I'll send you the box set you want. So, it's like a pre-order. The other levels include more miniatures or building kits. The high priced ones are more like for people that really want to support the game with extra cash and you're basically buying your way into the game too. I agree it's expensive, but I added it in because they recommend you have something to offer for people that really do want to invest a lot in your project. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it :) $1000 to create an all new gang is actually a good deal though I think, considering it actually costs more like $3000 for me to make a gang, sculpting alone for 5 figures could cost as much as $2000.

Anyway.... we just reached $6000 this morning, that means the Native American gang is a go! I'm hoping to have the rest of the concept art in the next couple of days. I also have another artist who will be starting on the concepts for the Mexican gang in the beginning of April, so I won't have pics for them until the end of next week if not the beginning of the following. Also waiting on a sample pic of the sheriff dice from the manufacturer, hopefully they'll send me that soon. I'll probably have to get them without the word "sheriff" in the middle of the star, when I shrunk it down and printed it out, the letters were barely readable.

Since the terrain/building kits are a more limited thing, and the $90 level with the kits was sold out, I made a new $90 backing level where you just get 3 starter sets, instead of 2 sets + 2 buildings.

This whole Kickstarter thing just amazes me. Not my campaign but all the gaming projects on there.. I think it's really the beginning of a new future for the gaming industry. There's some really cool projects out there getting funded way beyond their goals.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with your game, the art released so far is great and the support is a very good sign as well. Clearly people are interested in a professionally made Wild West miniatures game. I hope you include campaign rules, maybe as a supplement :)

I would support the game as well but I have no credit card and PayPal is not accepted  :?

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
thanks :) I do have campaign test rules on my website, it's on the download page with the main rulebook. One day after I get a lot of miniatures made I will probably make an all new big rulebook that would be sold in stores but I'll still always at least have the basic rules for free.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »
Haha yeah I actually found those rules a few hours after I wrote that post ;) Having at least some rules for free is a good thing so players can test before they buy the full version.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »
Quick update..

I recently added a FAQ listing at the bottom of the Kickstarter page with estimated shipping charges. Since there's so many different things offered and some of it can be bulky or heavy, I had to do some math and come up with a list that covers just about everyone everywhere.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1763460781/blackwater-gulch-gangfights-in-the-old-west

Next, I'm still waiting on more artwork. I should have the rest of the Bloodwolf Tribe soon, and the Bandidos next week. I just got a sample pic from Chessex for the Sheriff Dice, here's what they will look like :)

If the Kickstarter ended today, I'd be ordering 600 dice! But with 19 days to go and around $8400 raised so far, I'll probably be ordering a LOT more than that. Which is good, the more I order, the cheaper they cost to get made :)

I've been getting a lot of requests from people to add more spaces with the building kits. I do want to keep them as a special thing for the early backers, however I recently added a new backing level of $150 for 3 starter sets and 4 buildings. I did that last night around midnight, and they were sold out by the time I got up in the morning! But, some people at other backing levels moved into the new slot, so there's some other openings for now if you hurry :)

I'm pretty confident we're going to reach the next stretch goal. Once $9000 is reached I will be announcing some other new stretch goals that will include some nice new goodies, so stay tuned :)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »
That's incredible, looks like the $9000 goal will be reached soon as well with plenty of days to spare!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
Congrats man, I am hoping to add to that pile soon enough. Not sure when, budget is tight and we are on a pay off debt crusade with my wife and doing some home improvement/refinance stuff also...
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »
AWESOME!!!!.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
Just another quick note to announce that we just blew by $9000 and in fact are well over $10k now! So, it's safe to say the Bandidos Mexicanos will be sailing up the river to Blackwater Gulch very soon!

I've added 2 new backing levels now... $120 for all 4 starter sets, and also $180 for all 4 starter sets plus 4 GameCraft buildings (limited to 4 backers, and already sold out within an hour!). Since I'm not able to change the text in the different backing levels, I also wanted to add that if you're already locked in at another level that's limited and you don't want to lose your spot, and it says you only get 2 sets but you want more, you can just increase your pledge by $30 for each additional starter set that you want.

I'll be updating the main Kickstarter page later this evening, but the next set of stretch goals I have planned will be... at $12,000 everyone who pledged $30 or more will get the Bounty Hunter Gang Leader figure for free in addition to everything else. At $15,000 everyone who pledged $30 or more will also get the Gambler Gang Leader figure too. Since these figures are available now, if you already have them you have the option of getting extras if you want them or to have them on hand to give them to friends, or you can get store credit for future purchases ($8 per figure), or as credit to put toward your shipping charges. Up to you!

This is growing faster than I ever expected. Thank you all so much!