Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690904
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: GW rumors?  (Read 6562 times)

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
Re: GW rumors?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
that go over any other colour without the need for multiple coats

I had a play with them last week, and the white base still needed a couple of coats to get solid coverage...

Offline Pendrake

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »
I have no information on the paints. But I have heard the EE (GW) is releasing new, updated rules and models for the Empire faction on April 7th. (Another fix for those who remain addicted...)

See here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?336629-The-Empire-rumours

And here:
http://grapevinegamers.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talkfantasy&action=display&thread=829&page=1

Fair bit of raw data: prices, figs per gilded box, some stats in that second link.
Pendrake

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
Does this mean you won't be allowed to use the old paint anymore?  ;)
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »

You can use the old paint. You just need to relabel the bottles with the new names first. :D
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »
You can use the old paint. You just need to relabel the bottles with the new names first. :D

lol
no, seriously, you have to relabel  :-I a GW employe will check your workbench.

Offline Hubbynz

• Scientist
    • Halfling House
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:21 AM »
There's a whole thread on Empire rumours on the Warhammer Empire Forum here: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=40519.0

Images of alot of those models have already been linked (see Frother UK). What I find interesting is the halfling rumour, will they reissue old models, new metal sculpts or perhaps a multi-part plastic box? As if I don't have enough of the wee folk already.....

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
Images of alot of those models have already been linked (see Frother UK). What I find interesting is the halfling rumour, will they reissue old models, new metal sculpts or perhaps a multi-part plastic box? As if I don't have enough of the wee folk already.....
You'll be pleased to know that the classic Halfing Hotpot set is now available in Finecast, for an entirely reasonable and not at all ridiculous price of £18.50.

;D ;D

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 08:47:31 PM »
My WD arrived today and it was nearly all paints and Empire.  I was rattled when I saw all the old metals were now available in cheaper Finecast (TM) for the bargain price of £8 each!!!!!!!  :o
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »
I kinda want the amber wizard off the back of the ridiculous large griffon, he reminds me of the old plastic one that was on the front of the magazine several years before I started getting it...

Offline Hildred Castaigne

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »
I'm not proud of it, but I went into a GW store yesterday and gave the new paints a go.
There seems to be a lot of 'labour-saving' paints in thise new range. There was textured paint for basing and a gelatinous paint for drybrushing. There seems to be a lot more of those foundation paints too (relabelled as 'base' paint).

I killed 20 minutes, had a go of some paint, kept the Uruk Hai I painted and didn't buy anything at all.
A small victory to me!  lol

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »
Just when I figured I was done buying Empire models, they spring that beautiful Witch Hunter Captain on me.  Damn.  Gonna have to grab him now.  Those Demigryphs are a brilliant concept as well.

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
Just when I figured I was done buying Empire models, they spring that beautiful Witch Hunter Captain on me.  Damn.  Gonna have to grab him now.

It's a lovely model, but it just doesn't cry "Witch Hunter" to me. Looks more like a greatswords champion or something.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »
Someone told me they were redoing the paint like.....again.

If it's true I'll need to stock on the few of their colors I still use...
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »
Someone told me they were redoing the paint like.....again.

If it's true I'll need to stock on the few of their colors I still use...

Its true, the local non GW store told me no more paint until end of April and they didn't know what was being cut...

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
That's not true.  All the colours are being cut and replaced with the new system.  Your local store has a free colours chart of the new 145 paints.