Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: GW rumors?  (Read 6564 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: GW rumors?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 02:47:58 AM »
I think most people would agree that actual colours are not super-important. Most people mix some colours and for the most part all you need are good strong primaries as a mix-base. If you desperately need a certain colour you can dig around minis paints until you find a good one, mix something up, or in the worst-case scenario actually get into an art store and buy real high-grade artist's acrylic.

But those washes are pretty unique in their effect, because it's not just the colour but also flow and coverage. There's several variables that come into play at once and the GW ink washes really were one thing where all those elements just seemed to work perfectly.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: GW rumors?
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 02:58:13 AM »
I think most people would agree that actual colours are not super-important. Most people mix some colours and for the most part all you need are good strong primaries as a mix-base. If you desperately need a certain colour you can dig around minis paints until you find a good one, mix something up, or in the worst-case scenario actually get into an art store and buy real high-grade artist's acrylic.

But those washes are pretty unique in their effect, because it's not just the colour but also flow and coverage. There's several variables that come into play at once and the GW ink washes really were one thing where all those elements just seemed to work perfectly.

I agree totally.  The guy I spoke with in the GW store said they doubles the line to over 140.  Of all their stuff, the washes are the best.  I'm also a fan of their golden yellow...

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka