Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Return to the Valley that time forgot. The complete campaign  (Read 16606 times)

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
Re: Return to the Valley that time forgot. A pulp adventure. New pictures
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:33 PM »
Thank you for your kind words!

I have built two versions of the village fence, the normal one and the destroyed that you can see in the picture, that I will place when the T Rex arrive.

The stegosaurus is from a box of six dinosaurs (as JollyBob says, the TRex is from the same box). I found the box in El Corte Ingles (Spain), but in the box says that is from Eduland, but produced in China from Procon (Asia) Ltd. Hope this help.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:57:18 PM by Tsune »

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
Re: Return to the Valley that time forgot. A pulp adventure. New pictures
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »
Hi,

The player has sent me the pictures of the three scenarios. Now, I will post a report of the first scenario. Later I will post the other two reports.

Intro.

The expedition has arrived to the Lost Valley entrance. It is a subterranean passage that opens into a great cavern. An ancient door, blocked by rubble, stands beetween them and the Valley.   But this is not their main problem. The continuous rains outside have increased the level of the waters and threatens with flooding the cavern. The passage they come through is flooded now, indeed, and they are trapped inside!!

(In fact, this is an adaptation of the first scene in the Thrilling Expeditions suplement).

Their mission is to open the door and save as much equipment as possible...

A picture of the board:

The lagoon at the edge of the board is the flooded passage they came through. The water has joined to other unknown passages...

Another picture of the board:

This is the deployment of the scenario. The players distributed their figures to arrive to the markers as soon as possible. In the bottom-right corner you can see the porters, a mule and a native guide that, frightened to death, are praying to their gods (in the practice, they can not be used in the scenario except to exit the board when the door was opened). You can see the boxes, chests and rest of equipment pieces that has been used as markers in the scenario.

The heroes start to save the equipment, but some tremors open wide the breach and the water starts to flood the cave faster... the heroes had problems to move in the lower part of the cave!

And suddently, a nasty surprise!:

It seems that the tentacles owner has been causing the tremors... and now he wants something to eat.

He is a formidable foe, and with a terrible blow, knocks down the big game hunter, injuring him. And he tries to catch Benito the chimp. He grabs his legs, but at the last moment, the chimp avoided to be dragged into the lake!
Not a good time for the heroes...

Some of the heroes went to help his partners, and after some gunfire, the creature decides that there must be easier preys to capture...

But, in the meantime, the water level has not stopped to grow, and the lower half of the cave is under the water now. The heroes that had been fighting the creature, advance to the entrance, and part of the equipment is abandoned. And Benito the chimp starts to have problems as the water arrives to his chin...

One of the heroes tries to open the door. His effort is recorded by the camera (We have introduced a rule that they have to take proof of their findings and can get Expedition points taking physical proofs or recording them).

At last, the door is opened, but more tremors cause that the water flow is increased even faster. The porters run to the exit, and the heroes help them to exit the board.

At last, all the expedition, except for one unfortunated porter, got out alive. But it is a narrow scape:the last two heroes and the chimp had to spent all their heroe points and had to make two test to swim underwater in their last turns to survive and gain the exit...

Next one I will post the next scene gamed.
Regards!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:39:13 AM by Tsune »

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Return to the Valley that time forgot. Game report added
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »
What an awesome board set up! I love it!   :-* :-*

I can't wait to see how the rest look and what a great game report.

Are the walls scratch-built or did you buy them that way?

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »
Thank you for your words  :)

The walls are scratch-built from foam, and I have added some blocks from the hirst arts cave moulds.

I wished to make a new floor board for the cave, but I have not time before the game day (in fact, I finished the walls the day before  :?).

Regards

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »
I wished to make a new floor board for the cave, but I have not time before the game day (in fact, I finished the walls the day before  :?).

Why ? I really like the contrast between the grey walls and the redish ground  :-* Great board and thanks for the report !

meow,
Matt
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »
I love the board, colour and all. In fact I think I will have to steal your idea for a cavern.
Cracking game.
Looking forward to the next installment.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »
Great stuff :) Lovely board. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Saya

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »
Yes!! very nice board. !!!! :-*
Felicitaciones ;)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
Can this get any better!!!  Fantastic terrain, great game ideas, lovely figures!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 02:36:50 PM »
4th Scenario game report: Into the Valley (this is an adaptation of the Thunder of the Lost World scenario, from the Thrilling Expetidions supplement).

The expedition has entered the Valley from the underground pass. Soon, they find a human settlement at the opposite bank of a nearby river. In their side bank, from the distance they can see some people collecting fruits. They decide to make contact with them, but then, the sound of a horn fills the air and the people scatter in terror. A pack of dinnosaurs enter the scene looking for preys.

The heroes have to save the people and guide them to the opposite side of the river, into the settlement.

A picture of the board: the heroes deployed at the right side of the board. At the opposite side, you can see the river and the wooden bridge to the settlement.

The heroes run to the markers (that can be the people they have to save or other surprises) before the dinnosaurs (a great pack of carnivore compys-like dinnosaurs) hunt them:

But it is not an easy task. They first have to convince the settlers that they want to help them, and when the language is a barrier, a heroic action can speak better!! Here, when a pack of dinnosaur is going to hunt down a young girl just in front of the eyes of a hero,  Benito the chimp jumps and cries to get their attention, and the dinnosaurs change their target. Benito soon realizes that perhaps it has not been a good idea!:

But the heroes are not alone! To aid them, Rhana, the Golden Godness of the Valley, appears in the board, with his loyal Zoso, and fights the dinnosaurs:

Here you can see the situation at the moment: the heroes seem that they would be able to save the people, though the dinnosaurs have managed to kill a girl. But with the aid of Rhana, all seem easier, as the inhabitants entrust her. The heroes have killed almost all the dinnosaurs, but only to see that new ones enter the board:

Some settlers gain the bridge and cross to safety:

But the fight have its victims also in the heroes side. The native guide is killed and devoured by the dinnosaurs:

And when the situation seems controlled, an unexpected visitor appears. Attracted by the gunfire and the smell of blood, the King of the Valley enters the board!:

The big game hunter laughs at the vision of the great predator. Points his gun and fires! The projectiles impact the beast torso, hurting him. But it is not enough to kill him and, enraged, the T-Rex charge! His teeth tears the hunter legs easily, hurting him bad...:

The heroes open fire, but the guns seem that do nothing to the beast. Benito the chimp tries to get his attention, only to be bitten and almost swallowed... and then Zoso charge the King, giving his beloved owner, Rhana, and the heroes a way to scape. But it has his price...:

The heroes and Rhana, from the bridge, look back only to see that the T-Rex move away... thanks to the sacrifice of the brave Zoso.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:33:41 PM by Tsune »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Return to the Valley that time forgot. Another game report added
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »
that is one dangers trip they are on. I love reading ever min of it  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »
Excellent stuff!

Lots of great scenery, mini's dinos and apparently some very fun games.

Ya got me hooked... looking forward to the next adventure!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
More great scenery. Another thrilling report!

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
Now you can find the game report of the campaign's 5th scenario: The dinos hunt

In the previous scenario, the heroes were able to save the settlers from the dinnosaurs attack. They rest in the settlement a few days, and convince Rhana to guide them deep into the "lands where the dragons roam" (well, I should explain that, in the first campaign, the expedition found that the inhabitants from this settlement were descendants of an ancient viking expedition to the dark continent... yeah, it is pulp after all...  ;) ). Rhana is hesitant as, apart from the dinnosaurs, an unknown tribe of warriors has move into these lands and is a very dangerous trip. But this is not enough to scare our heroes and, after filming the settlement and its habitants, the expedition continues its travel.

After two days of march, they camp and the expetidion is prepared to take proof of his findings.

We have developed some simple rules to test if the expedition have taken proofs enough to consider if it is a success or not. So, each dinno or finding (ruins, etc.) have Expedition Points. If they can take it back to the civilization, they gain all the points. If they are only able to take a part or some physical proof, they divide the points won by two, and if they only can film it, the points are divided by four (the public can think the film is made with models, like King Kong  :?). When the campaing will be over, we will count the proofs taken with them, as they can lose them (and, in fact, they will lose them in the next scenario  lol).

In addition, the heroes who are filmed, can gain Reputation Experience. This will cause a friendly competition beetwen the heroes willing to have a leading role in the film. Each turn, they test who will move the cameraman, and so, film his own heroic feats! (one of the expedition members is an actor and have a bonus test as the camera loves him  :-*).

The scenario objective is to collect as much proofs (physically of filming them) as possible, before the night arrives (a test is made each turn and it concers to the conditions of visibility) and the heroes have to come back to the camp.

The expedition ready to start. The natives and the mule can take proofs back to the camp:

The heroes rush looking for markers in order to be the one who makes the biggest discovery for the science... and glory! It makes that they scatter around the board, and the camera do not know where to film...:

And when the danger appears... they are alone! A group of ambushed velocyraptors attacks a lonely heroe. Luckily for him, the rifle range is long enough to be helped:

But this is the land of terrible beasts, and one of them appears! It is the last day for the native porter. The snake is an event (the Brutus Boa, that follows her discoverer and, if not feed beetwen scenarios, she eats a follower of the expedition... Is this event perhaps related to the discovery of that rare medallion in the cave scenario??):

The expedition is witnesses of one of the most spectacular fights! A tryceratops feels threatened and charges the giant crocodile and in his charge, stomps one of the heroes!:

They film the fight and some other discoveries, when an old friend enters the scene: the King of the Valley, hurt last scenario, has followed them and roars in triumph! Who said that the cold blood animals did not have a good memory? The big game hunter shoots again, but miss:

This is a panoramic view of the board. You can see that the tryceratops has won the titanic fight. Also, two porters load a dead velocyraptor, and some heroes approach slowly to the dead crocodile to see if the can do something with it, taking care of not provoking the tryceratops:

Thankfully, a pack of gallimimuses calls the attention of the T-Rex (yes, he is revengeful, but is hungry too, and his instincts are stronger than his memory). This gives enough time to the heroes to flee:

It is almost night, and the heroes run to be present in the crocodile filming. After all, who will know that they have not killed the beast if they want? ::):

The night comes and it is the end of the scenario. Really? Not sir!! AT the end of the game, they are divided more or less in two groups, and so they come back to the camp. Why then, when the second group arrive to the camp, their parters have dissapeared??? and of whom are the fresh stains of blood? and the missing equipment? and more important:where are the camera and the films!?!?!?

All these questions and more will be answered in the next chapter of the campaing that (with luck) will be played next week. Would be able the heroes to rescue his friends from THE PIT OF DEATH??  :o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:48:42 PM by Tsune »

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
Re: Return to the Valley that time forgot. 5th game report added: the dino hunt
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 06:45:39 PM »
In addition, the heroes who are filmed, can gain Reputation Experience. This will cause a friendly competition beetwen the heroes willing to have a leading role in the film. Each turn, they test who will move the cameraman, and so, film his own heroic feats! (one of the expedition members is an actor and have a bonus test as the camera loves him).
What an excellent idea! That film crew just became far more important!