Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690674
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Normandy Firefight  (Read 7733 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Normandy Firefight
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »
We are getting a new set of rules at North Star this week. They are written by Warwick Kinrade of Warhammer Historicals 'Kampfgruppe Normandy' fame. His new set, Normandy Firefight, is written for man to man combat using 54mm figures. There are conversions for 28mm figures in there as well.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=4300

Warwick has given us some photos to post, I've put them on our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Star-Military-Figures/218634441498799

Cheers
Nick
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:41:51 PM by nicknorthstar »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Firefight Normandy
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »
Sounds perfect for those who are fans of man on man action and prefer their toys on the larger side.  lol
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
Re: Firefight Normandy
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »
 :o lol ;D :D
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Normandy Firefight
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
This sounds really intresting, and I will surely order a rules set, this is something that we have been discussing in length the past weeks, and here it is. It will be interesting to see how it holds up to NUTS!.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:05:48 AM »
Hi Nick --

Two questions:

1.  Anyway of seeing the example of play ‘Skirmish near Pont Herbert’ on its own?

2.  Will it be available as a pdf so us US gamers can save on shipping?

Thanks

Chuck

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
Hi Chuck

It's not a North Star rule set, it's Warwicks so I'll mention about your two questions and get an answer.

In regards to the USA, On Military Matters are importing them at the £10 special price, drop Dennis a line to see what he is selling them at.

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
Great! Thanks, Nick.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »
I just read the walk through of a battle for this gaming system in the lastest Wargames Illustrated, and I got to say that it sure looks very interesting. However, I do hope that there will be some sort of forum for updates or aditional rules, since no larger weaponry are included, and neither seems there to be any vehicle rules. I am well aware of the fact that its intended for smaller skirmishes, but still, as most of us can admit, the game will come to a point where you want bigger toys, it allways does.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
I have now been searching for more information regarding this game, and cant find much online. I have ordered the rules, and was hoping for them to have showed up today, but alas... the whole weekend, no fiancé or children, but no new rulebook... I blame you Nick, its your fault I have to go back to the old lead slavery hehe!

Anyway, I was hoping to find some more information, but there is not much information to be found, on any page or blog, its about the same information on all of them.

I think the good author would benefit from some more information released on his blog, or even a special blog created for this game alone. There seems to be a lot of people interested in the game, but just not enough information to be had.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »
I agree. I have read the example of play in WI but it doesn't tell you enough about what else you can do with these rules. It sounds great and is definitely going to be worth a go, but the author needs to get more excited about his own product, if you get what I mean. Advertise what you can do with it more!

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »
Nick at North Star tweeted this: http://warwickkinrade.blogspot.co.uk/

And within it is this nice little write up for those who haven't seen it: http://warwickkinrade.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/firefight-at-white-hart.html

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »
Yeah, I have seen this, and it sure looks great. As I said before, we have allready bought the book, so just need for it to actually ship here, and then I can get back to you on how it works. I also suspect that people will perhaps have it after Salute?

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
I don't have the rulebook, but based on the WI article, I may be able to shed some light on the subject.

The scenario in WI used only 7 figures total -- 4 American, 3 German. It doesn't state how initiative/activation is determined, but each figure activates individually in some random fashion.

System is d100 percentage-based. Start with base percentage depending on your action then add/subtract modifiers. Last action is changing stance. Ammo is tracked.

Here are some examples of activations (not necessarily same turn). Without the rules I cannot explain anything involved:

Biddulph: Readying his M1, he sprints 12" down the lane. Ends Standing.

-------------------------------

Kalb: Readying his Kar 98K, he shuffles 1" to his right where he can just see a bit of the running Mitchell, so he opens fire. Mitchell is a standing target (base 100%), -20 for range, -22 for Mitchell's movement, -5 for own movement, +5 for kneeling = 58%. He rolls a 21 and hits. Mitchell is partially concealed by a hedge, so he rolls for his cover save -- the bullet misses, but Mitchell is marked as needing a pinning test for coming under fire.

------------------------------------

Gaynor: Throws his hand grenade over the hedge aiming at the bridge, then follows this up by jogging 6" to the hedge before going prone.  To hit with the grenade requires (base 50% -- can't see aim point), -15 for range = 35%. He rolls 14 so the grenade wings over the hedge and lands just beyond the bridge. Great shot! He goes prone.

Grenade! It is the end of the turn and Gaynor's well-placed grenade goes off. Only Kalb is within range to be affected, and he is just 2" away with no cover and standing. First comes the blast damage. The [base?] roll is 96, -10 for the distance from the explosion with no cover. Kalb takes 86% damage from the explosion, almost the full force. Next comes the shrapnel damage (base 100% for standing), -10 for distance, no modifiers for cover = 90%. Rolling a 75 he is hit by one piece of shrapnel in the location 57 = left arm. The damage is 7-5 = 2 x1 for the arm hit = 2. That's another 20% damage for the shrapnel wound. He has taken 106% damage total, so he's automatically down and incapacitated and very seriously wounded. He'll be KIA without medical attention soon and there's no one around. Scratch one.

--------------------------------------

Kohler: Fires again, this time fully automatic trying to hit both Dubrowski and Biddulph, before crawling back 1" out of view. His MP40 fires 17 rounds (base 84%), -17 for range, -24 for Dubrowski's movement (he still counts as sprinting from last turn), +10 for being prone = 53% for Dubrowski and thus 26% to hit Biddulph. He rolls 65 then 96, missing both times. Biddulph needs a pinning test [Dubrowski still waiting to take his]. Having already fired 25 round thus far, Kohler has only 7 rounds left in his magazine. Ends kneeling.

---------------------------

Hope this helps. It does for me.

Chuck

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 01:24:58 AM »
Yes... poor poor germans :(

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »
Hi Galland

When did you place your order? We have shipped all book orders, some metal orders are suffering because of Salute (sorry), so it should be with you any day.

Nick