Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: He 162 / Me 262 Mistel from Dragon  (Read 4225 times)

Offline assi

• Scientist
He 162 / Me 262 Mistel from Dragon
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »

Woha, i just stumbeld over this Beauty. How does 1/48 Scale Planes fit with our 28mm ?

This thing would be a nice scenic addition to any secret KG200 Airbase
Oh sure. Everybody's in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a Great White Shark, ooh, suddenly you've gone too far

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
some are quite fussy about this scale thing but I use 1/48th aircraft with my 28mm's.

Go for it - I'd certainly have one if I had not recently done 8 ME109's & 4 FW190's. Thats my fill of German planes for a while
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
Yes, quite fussy indeed.

I'm one of those reckless fools who find 1/48th scale kits to be perfect for 28mm gaming.

By the way, that thing is just mental. What the hell were they thinking?

It's the aeroplane equivalent of German holiday-makers on the Costa del Sol forming human pyramids in the swimming pool. They should have tried to go one better and put a Komet on the top (or a Kettenkrad on the bottom). Then they could have called the Guiness people.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline TadPortly

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.oxfordhousehold.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
The Mistel is something that actually existed.  Those variants actually used took the form of a single engined fighter (FW190 or BF109) mounted on top of a twin engined bomber (Junkers 88 ).  If memory serves they were used to attack the bridge at Rimagen...

A quick Google through up these:

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/mistral.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/4082/mistel/mistel.htm
They were all drawn to the Keep; the soldiers who brought death; the father and daughter fighting for life; the people who have always feared it; and the one man who knows its secret....

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »
I think there are some Mistel pairings in the Dragon range - always too expensive for me, but I think I may finally crack down on the 25 Euros for the Revell Ar-234 (which, IIRC, is a re-issued Dragon model itself).

I like using 1/48th models for 28mm figures, and with the larger figure ranges (liek BTD), it is no problem; however, WW2 is the period where the planes start getting HUGE, and the Me262 is really big (I once bought an Italeri one to convert into an Imperial Guard fighter-bomber for 40k, heresy, I know), but due to the sleek lines does not totally dwarf models next to it. It shouldn´t be a problem it they are parked on the ground, but they look rather awkward when mounted on flying bases - my P-26 and Hs-123 for the SCW BARELY make the grade, but only barely.

A Mistelgespann is, of course, a marvellous centerpiece. Damn. Now I REALLY want to drop into my FLMS this evening.

Offline Trencher

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »
Quote from: "Westfalia Chris"
I think there are some Mistel pairings in the Dragon range - always too expensive for me, but I think I may finally crack down on the 25 Euros for the Revell Ar-234 (which, IIRC, is a re-issued Dragon model itself).

I like using 1/48th models for 28mm figures, and with the larger figure ranges (liek BTD), it is no problem; however, WW2 is the period where the planes start getting HUGE, and the Me262 is really big (I once bought an Italeri one to convert into an Imperial Guard fighter-bomber for 40k, heresy, I know), but due to the sleek lines does not totally dwarf models next to it. It shouldn´t be a problem it they are parked on the ground, but they look rather awkward when mounted on flying bases - my P-26 and Hs-123 for the SCW BARELY make the grade, but only barely.

A Mistelgespann is, of course, a marvellous centerpiece. Damn. Now I REALLY want to drop into my FLMS this evening.

Huge... Yeah, when I think of a Ju 52/3m or a C-47 in that scale. Areawise, this one should't be larger than your Me 262, just a little bit higher.
I have a yet untouched Revell Bachem Ba-349 "Natter" (Viper) with launch-tower sitting somewhere in my attic. It is identical to the Dragon kit minus the photoetched parts. Sizewise, it is not very large, but nevertheless very detailed. With so many other projects running, I don't know if I ever start it...
TANK POLO? God, how our gardener hated that game!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
Quote from: "TadPortly"
The Mistel is something that actually existed.  Those variants actually used took the form of a single engined fighter (FW190 or BF109) mounted on top of a twin engined bomber (Junkers 88 ).  If memory serves they were used to attack the bridge at Rimagen...

A quick Google through up these:

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/mistral.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/4082/mistel/mistel.htm

As I said when I posted a load of weird war planes up a while back, this kit is a two for one special, I'd build em separately and have two great german jets!

;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »
Quote from: "Commander Vyper"
As I said when I posted a load of weird war planes up a while back, this kit is a two for one special, I'd build em separately and have two great german jets!

;)

I think there *might* be a problem that the Me262 has a re-tooled hull without a canopy opening, so anything other than the "flying bomb" option is unfeasible... possibly better get some Me262s from Italeri for the price of this kit if you want multiple pieces. Unfortunately, the only quarter scale "Volksjäger" I´m aware of are the Dragon and Tamiya pieces, and both cost an arm and a leg. Although they are, by all expectations, excellent kits.

Offline Trencher

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
If you like those German WWWII jets, perhaps this one might be also of interest:
http://www.fonderie-miniature.fr/bv212.htm

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
Quote from: "Trencher"
If you like those German WWWII jets, perhaps this one might be also of interest:
http://www.fonderie-miniature.fr/bv212.htm

Nice, you don´t see that many "Paper Plane" IP kits in quarter scale (although 1:72 has an abundancy - I recall building a Horten IX, a Huckebein, Nachtjäger and standard Me262 and a Fi-103 back in the 1990s...).

Black Sun Models recently issued a model of the Raiders of the Lost Ark flying wing. Too bad it´s 1:72. I would have paid those 100+ Dollars for quarter scale, but not 1:72.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 10:51:51 AM »

I think there *might* be a problem that the Me262 has a re-tooled hull without a canopy opening, so anything other than the "flying bomb" option is unfeasible...

I beg to differ, why not make it a tele operated research object to be destroyed by your commandoes? I can make a list of ideas if you want :)

I'm happy that I'm "blessed" in a way in doing this in 20mm, like the other gentlemen said, there is a hughe field of 1/72 '46 type jets outthere, most can be bought at very low prices....so I buy loads........but damn, models like this look nice on the table :)

So If you'll excuse me, I have V-2 rockets to build :wink:

Johan
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »

I think there *might* be a problem that the Me262 has a re-tooled hull without a canopy opening, so anything other than the "flying bomb" option is unfeasible... possibly better get some Me262s from Italeri for the price of this kit if you want multiple pieces. Unfortunately, the only quarter scale "Volksjäger" I´m aware of are the Dragon and Tamiya pieces, and both cost an arm and a leg. Although they are, by all expectations, excellent kits.

I beg to differ old bean.... add a plasticard cockpit and Robert's your father's brother!

;)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 10:11:03 PM »

I beg to differ old bean.... add a plasticard cockpit and Robert's your father's brother!

;)

Alright then, we´ll talk again after you cut out the hull space, scratched the cockpit and produced a clear canopy. :lol:

But that remote idea sounds good. Best with a lot of evil-looking antennae protruding from the bow.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »

;)

Alright then, we´ll talk again after you cut out the hull space, scratched the cockpit and produced a clear canopy. :lol:

But that remote idea sounds good. Best with a lot of evil-looking antennae protruding from the bow.

Who said anything about a clear cockpit? ;) But I do have a few spare RT Land speeder metal seats, a shed load of plasti-rod and card and buckets of raw talent!  :)

Now if someone would be so kind as supply me with said vrooom plane that would be great!  ;)

The Commander