Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hillbilly Sculpts Kickstarter Planned for It Came From Beyond the Still  (Read 2496 times)

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
    • Dastardly Designed Games
Announcement!!

We at The ArmChair General (see Rob and a bunch of his drinking buddies) are planning on putting together the first two hillbilly factions via a kickstarter program. Each faction will be about 20.00 USD and contain six or so individually sculpted figures. The sculptor is Brad Shier of Frozen Planet Studios. Some contributors can expect to receive limited edition Jr Blobs and or models of Stills (not to be used for actual shine production you understand). We plan on doing a box set for each faction for the game to include hillbillies, grays, blobs, cephs, MIP and Men in Plaid. In addition, the upcoming Somethings in the Sauce (Hillbillies vs Zombies and Cultists) will feature two new factions of hillbillies The O'Dairys and the Grangers as well as zombies, cultists and the meddling kids!

The kickstarter will be launched as soon as I get the durned deposit verified from Amazon at which point I will make the official announcement.

The rules for It Came From Beyond the Still are available now by emailing me at thearmchairgeneral@whenthenavywalked.com or cronickain@gmail.com as softcopy or through your local gaming stores. Ask for it by name! The pdf is still available from either our site www.whenthenavywalked.com or through www.wargamevault.com

As an aside I am looking for a talented webdesigner to give our site a facelift. I am happy with the blog at armchairgeneral1.blogspot.com it's the whenthenavywalked site I want to update with some of our art and make fresh. I tried using a potato cannon but it just didn't seem to do much other than smear taters on the screen. Seriously though. Anyone interested please email me at either of the two addresses. Graphics design and an eye for layout (which I lack) a must!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:54:54 PM by watchtower78 »

Offline YIU

• Mad Scientist
I suggest you sell the stills and send blobs to contributors  :D

That's a great news : new minis, new site...that's christmas today !!!!
I wish I were an octopus to paint more miniatures...Cthulhu must be a great painter

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
Here are some of my hillbillies and animals for the game. These are figures from Bob Murch, Blue Moon and Frozen Planet. Frozen Planet has these blobs available as part of the ICFBTS line now! http://fps14.tripod.com/

Cows

Hillbillies

Cultists

Blobs

Grays
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:50:22 AM by watchtower78 »

Offline YIU

• Mad Scientist
your purple blob is really funny.

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
He had to eat a pig in the scenario.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
That purple blob is indeed very funny. Works perfectly in that kind of game.

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
Thanks those blobs will be part of our line. You can get those now from frozen planet studios.

Offline zapper

• Assistant
Bring Your A-Game has an interview with Rob Adams, previewing the new release, It Came From Beyond the Still.  It is here:  http://bringyouragamemagazine.blogspot.com/2012/03/look-inside-cover-of-it-came-from.html
When in doubt, have two guys come through the door with guns.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Looks like a great fun!

Who makes the cars?

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
Those are Maisto repaints from the toystore though blackhat and murch have pulpy cars dvds trucks like these in lead if you prefer.