Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battle Group Kursk - A review  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
Re: Battle Group Kursk - A review
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
I kind of agree with Agis. I wish that I could get a copy of the rules without being them being tied to 150 pages of army lists for a battle I am not intersted in. I am much more interested in North Africa and Tunisia.
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »
I kind of agree with Agis. I wish that I could get a copy of the rules without being them being tied to 150 pages of army lists for a battle I am not intersted in. I am much more interested in North Africa and Tunisia.
Maybe a good idea for an ebook release?
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline David

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
I am still waiting for the list for the Greece campaine off any set of rules, and FOW don't count since they only covered the last three weeks of the war.
your lists for the Greece campaine are not complete yet Agis  ;) for your rules.
I think i would be quicker writing them my self, since i have study this area for the last five years and still learning.
but i play five different WW2 rules set, depending on scale and size of game.
David

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 06:04:41 AM »
I'm assuming that the rest of the campaign books won't be featuring the main rules

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
I ordered my copy yesterday after playing a few small games of KGN last weekend which impressed me.

Although I must confess, I am playing in 28mm (because I already have a few miniatures and most importantly, terrain, in that scale), so we'll see how many 10 tanks strong T-34-units I'll manage ;)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
I'm assuming that the rest of the campaign books won't be featuring the main rules
That's correct.

Down the road the plan is to release the core rules as a separate reference so we won't need to bring our Kursk book along to every game. At that point, someone new to the system will need to buy the core rules (I'm betting on a soft-cover) along with whichever non-Kursk theatre book they are interested in.

I can understand how someone could feel frustrated if what they have heard about the rules piques their interest, yet the idea of wargaming Kursk does absolutely nothing for them. I get that all the time at our local club when friends present their favourite rule-sets for periods I find dreadful.

However, a good game really can do wonders for a subject or a period that previously seemed dull.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!