Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:00:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dynamite?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
Dynamite?
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:04:53 AM »
I'm trying to put together point lists so we can have "equal" forces for our first learning game.  I'm doing the Mexican Revolution and was curious about dynamite.  From my reading so far none of the factions seem to use grenades, but sticks of dynamite were very popular... since they were more readily available and easier to make.  Would you just treat them like grenades? 

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Dynamite?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »
Hi,

yes, I think for the beginning I would use the grenade rules too. Maybe with some unpredictability ??? Charges can go of quicker ?
Maybe you can increase the power of the explosion when sticks are bundled ?

The Mexican Revolution is a fantastic topic to play T+T. What miniatures do you use ?
I once saw a MRG in Antwerp at Crisis wargaming show. They used Old Glory Figs.
Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:03:20 AM »
I agree with Björn - for the sake of simplicity, it is probably best to treat it like a hand grenade. If you want some comedic value and have the players to go along with it, you might allow a hero to pick up a stick of dynamite if it lands within 1" of him and throw it back if he passes a score check. Not for the regular joes, but I could see it for heroes.

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
Thanks gents, I like the suggestions.  Sounds like it could be something fun to play around with in the future.  We are usually less competitive, so the throw back idea by heroes might be a popular comedic option.  For now I'll just keep it simple (grenade) while we learn the game mechanics.

As for figures, I'm still painting them.  So far the Brigade Games figures have been my favorite for Villistas.  I will be using Old Glory figures for both revolutionaries and regular government troops too.  The revolutionaries will also have some Artizan and Dixon "old west" figures mixed in since some of the Indians involved preferred to stay in their more native dress.

Thanks again,

Rod