Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Doing Guard Army Need Help!  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
Doing Guard Army Need Help!
« on: March 31, 2012, 07:25:17 AM »
As the Title says im doing a guard army and i needed some advice. my army is going to compiled of PDF, armed Guerillas and the Adeptus Arbites. my basic imperial guardsmen are going to be represented by the PDF and i was just going to use the cadian sprue to represent them but im going to file away the shoulder pads and maybe the chest armor to make them look less professional.

I want the regular PDF troopers to wear patrol caps but i dont know how to green stuff them on or if that fails wear I could possibly buy some to put on my troops. the second question is how could i possibly make armed civilians for the 40k universe, i was just thinking find some 28mm ww2 partisans and outfit them with the renegade weapons sprue from Forgeworld is that a possibility.

Im gonna by Arbite Enforcers and make some basic changes to them as well

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
Re: Doing Guard Army Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:51:38 AM »
the second question is how could i possibly make armed civilians for the 40k universe, i was just thinking find some 28mm ww2 partisans and outfit them with the renegade weapons sprue from Forgeworld is that a possibility.

You could also check out the Void Militia from Scotia Grendel:

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_76

Offline Londoncopper

• Scientist

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »
A few thoughts idea:

Planetary Defence Forces: not sure why you think they'd be less professional? A planetary governor is going to ensure his troops are suitably armed and armoured. I'd leave the Armour personally, maybe try to make them a little less 'organised' by using a mix of weapons, (Maxmini and microart studio both do a range of 'lasguns' which would look great mixed in, same re: maxmini torsos). Use  catachan plastics too and mix them up.

Victoria Lamb http://www.victorialamb.com/store.html#penal has a range of IG suitable head sprues and complete component figures to represent IG from the highlands, (kilts and bagpipes) these could meet your needs as militia:

Penal Legion too, going back to the old RT IG days.

http://pigironblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Pig iron Miniatures are about release a range of componment heavy troopers and kolony troopers that would also fit you bill. Add to that the new rebel Kolony Head sprue on Si's  blog and again you've got a true mix match which would suit the whole refit and rearm by the weapons merchants/buy what's availble, scavenge the rest kinda look.

Good luck and yes I am an old RT 40k nut ;)

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
A few thoughts idea:

Planetary Defence Forces: not sure why you think they'd be less professional? 

Actually in the black library books a lot of them are just simple farmers/peasants that sign up part time but thats not the point, not really less proffesional but less up amoured mostly due to the fact that there just planetary defence forces and also because they been fighting on the planet for roughly a decade so their pretty banged up.
A few thoughts idea:

I'd leave the Armour personally, maybe try to make them a little less 'organised' by using a mix of weapons, (Maxmini and microart studio both do a range of 'lasguns' which would look great mixed in, same re: maxmini torsos). Use  catachan plastics too and mix them up.

I was going to buy a few boxes of catachans to throw into the mix thank you for reminding me but also theirlegs would suit the pdf far better than the Cadian legs do. Im just gonna buy the renegade weapon sprues from Forgeworld to suit up my Imperial Partizans. 

I have already decided what im using as my chimeras.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-518-403_Armored%20Limo.html
though i dont know where he said it in one of his posts the cars are a model of a russian armored car, all i have to do is outfit it with either a gunner equiped with a lascannon or a sponnson mounted cannon.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline stroblight

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
Another idea is to use the British Commandos from Warlord Games:

http://store.warlordgames.com/commandos-6189-p.asp

Weapon swaps appear to be easy since they come with their hands empty.  They also come with bare heads with the option of putting berets on.

Just a thought...

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »

a few of those heads would actually go very well with some scavvy/civvy troops that work in the forges and also they would work for some valkyrie pilots when coupled with the downed valkyrie from forgeworld could make a very interesting scenario. im thinking Sky Talon down