Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:10:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mo!'s SA stuff...  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
Re: Mo!'s SA stuff...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 08:18:33 AM »
Thanks all! Its very incouraging!

@Mason: feel free to copy away! I used the spell book from the GW highelf wizard. The empire wizard's hands are way to big... the other books are from the GW flaggalants and warmachine. I cut a small wedge out of his elbow and bend the arm with a plier. Then i fixed the dents etc with greystuff...
As he's standing on a robot's head i used a plier to cut it of and it snapped his foot in half... that why his foot is mostley greystuff as well...
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »
Thanks all! Its very incouraging!

@Mason: feel free to copy away! I used the spell book from the GW highelf wizard. The empire wizard's hands are way to big... the other books are from the GW flaggalants and warmachine. I cut a small wedge out of his elbow and bend the arm with a plier. Then i fixed the dents etc with greystuff...
As he's standing on a robot's head i used a plier to cut it of and it snapped his foot in half... that why his foot is mostley greystuff as well...

Thanks for the info, Mo!.
I have some suitable books etc in the bits box, although as you say GW parts will tend to be too big for most of the miniatures that I will be using.
Still, a little effort makes the job feel more satisfying upon completion, dont you think?

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »
Yeah i know what you mean... sometimes you just have to keep at it as wel... the hand thats holding the book didn't fit without cutting/bending/stuffing his arm... after i cut of his gun hand i kinda lost faith wheter i could get it to look any good... almost stopped right there... then i glued on the hand and thougt this could work... then i messed up his foot and again lost faith...

I just really wanted this model to be my SA hero as (he looks a bit like me) he's a handsome richboy player and i'm a chunky geek but we both have a goaty so there  ;D :D

I always get really afraid of greenstuff (or in this case greystuff) but when i bite the bullit it usually comes out kinda nice...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »
Keep at it, mate, it looks good!

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »
I need to see that Agent painted!! :-*

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
I really want it painted like this...

NO clue where/how to start...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
Check my thread, someone (think einarolafson) posted up how to paint clothing like plaid and such...
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
Yeah i saw that... really doubt if i can do it... but thats how i want him... just have to find the couradge to start...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
once things calm down with finishing this tournament army in 3 weeks I have a reporter with bad fashion in mind! Going to give it a try.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
I think that you would need to simplify the pattern because there are a lot of lines. I would go for something like this:

You can skip the highlight stages if you want. I hope that helps. Maybe you want to practise on a piece of paper or old miniature. Another thing I think when I paint patterns is that I paint them bigger that they would be in the real life.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
i second what everyone else has been saying, superb work on the agent, and i too may have to steal the idea, it's a great one and deserves to be exploited!

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
I am thinking of attempting a plaid pattern on one of the guys myself, so I appreciate how daunting it seems.
I think it will be as large a fellow as possible!

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
Wow Einarolafson, this is really helpfull and incredebly nice of you! Hopefully i can find a moment to paint this weekend and will absolutely post the result however it ends up!

I really love how helpfull and friendly this forum is! Thanks to everyone who replied!!! Thanks a lot!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 04:01:14 PM »
Wow Einarolafson, this is really helpfull and incredebly nice of you! Hopefully i can find a moment to paint this weekend and will absolutely post the result however it ends up!

I really love how helpfull and friendly this forum is! Thanks to everyone who replied!!! Thanks a lot!

My first test was the EM4 guy with the floppy cap in my pictures...just straight black lines on the ivory/stone color of the hat.

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
Mo!

Apologies for coming in late on this thread and basically echoing what everyone else has said but....great work on the baby ghoul! Superbly gory, looks the bomb.

Also love the unpainted ghoul models- they are gonna look the nuts when you paint 'em!

This forum is definitely inspirational, especially when I see some lovely models like yours.

Bert