Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689759
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars skirmish project  (Read 14342 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Star Wars skirmish project
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
Cheers!

Found a few figs on E(vil)bay.
Got Lea, Luke and the Imp. boxed set!

Nightmask

WOTC or WEG? (bendy or metal).
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Nightmask

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
Metal ones!!!
Also foudn a guy with the speed from Tatooine....

Nightmask
Toys, Toys, yes....yes.... they are ALIVE!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
Metal ones!!!
Also found a guy with the speeder from Tatooine....

Nightmask

Cool, I've got an action fleet one, never liked the metal front visor on the WEG ones, same goes for the show speeders, a little too small too so went with action fleet again. Good luck on the WEG hunt, took me a while to collect all I had, now I've just gotta get on and paint the damn stuff! ;)

Anyway back to kalamadea, any more updates?

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dude just no.

This very conversation only happened around at my gaff last night. My mate is learing Japanese. One of the symbols looks like the Khorne Symbol. In showing it to him via  interwebbing it there was a pic with of a dude with a massive chaos 8 pointed star tattooed on his back.

I was like that is so not cool and he didnt get it. So to explain it I said "It's a bit like getting the rebel symbol from star wars tattooed on your arm only even worse."

Just no.

Dude, relax, its not your skin ehh?

Wich reminds me, naturally I will get the Rebel symbol as well somewhere, there might be somewhere on the lower right arm that is not occupued yet. So with this in mind, dont listen to this dweeb, go ahead and tell your miss that you "need" dont "want" that tatoo :)
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 09:03:56 PM »
Generally people who have tattoo's don't care if you're one of those people who don't, shame it isn't always the same the other way round.  :? Found this on the tinterweb: Nice take on a balanced ying and yang:

Anyway body modification and imperial and alliance alliegences aside, anymore repaints finished?

Really like those biker scouts I have to say.

Commander Vyper (inked).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:07:55 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »
Nice tatoo. Might do something simular one day.

I am really interested in how things are going with the conversion Infinity / Star Wars, we discussed it today a lot (since I just got a 1/58 Millenium Falcon in the mail), and I have a friend who thought this was a great idea, since he is allready playing Infinity.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 03:37:08 AM »
West End Games under Grenadier with licence from Lucasarts did the 25mm range back in the day. OOP now and can be quite pricey.

Nah. Oop from Grenadier yes. They are available from another source and for about a buck a fig. :-)

Grimm

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »
(since I just got a 1/58 Millenium Falcon in the mail)
That?

Han Solo´s workplace:

Engines at full throttle:

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »
Heya Michi

Yeah thats the one hehe, I have seen yours, and it was actually what made me decide to get one for my self. It wasnt that expensive, besides the shipping, and absolutely worth it. Your version is a beuty, and will look awsome on the landing pad of yours. I hope to make something simular actually, and talked to Kalle about it yesterday, but alas, as you know, we have a large project going on at the moment, so it will have to wait... but since its Star Wars, I cant bring my self to completely abandon it for now, a little Stormtroopers or so every now and then just makes sure I stay healthy! :D

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »
A small WIP update since I've not been able to work on these as much as I'd like last few days. Some rebel commandos almost ready, just need bases, some cloak highlights and a few other details.

and also some alien rebels that need a lot of work, just basecoated so far, no camo or anything yet

For the terrain, generic sci-fi bunkers are everywhere. I'm looking for one close to the movie. The power station is fantastic though, I had forgotten about MAS' foam resin stuff (which is ironic, when you consider they do all the Infinity stuff).

Michi - that is an aboslutely awesome looking falcon. I'm not sure I could justify the amount of space it would take to store it vs how much use i'd get form it, but it's darn tempting.

As for the ink, I like it! If you want a rebel tat, go for it. Even highly visible ones are a lot more accepted than they used to be. You get a few odd looks, but generally I find the people that look down on it aren't people I care to associate with to begin with, or they have to deal with me anyways so it doesn't matter. But then again, I specifically chose a profession where such things don't matter, you can always get it someplace that isn't visible if it does. Just make sure you get a good artist, tattoos are definitely something you don't want to try to get a bargain on even if it's a simple design. You get what you pay for.
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
Great looking rebs you have there, will be nice to see them when they are finished! The Falcon model is a bit large, but then, I have so much Star Wars Vintage stuff in my bookshelfs allready, one more ship or not doesnt really matter hehe.
However, its size is what makes it soo nice, it will be a cool adition to any table, both as terrain and as atmosphere enhancer I would dare to say.

As for the ink, I like it! If you want a rebel tat, go for it. Even highly visible ones are a lot more accepted than they used to be. You get a few odd looks, but generally I find the people that look down on it aren't people I care to associate with to begin with, or they have to deal with me anyways so it doesn't matter.

This ^^. I am 45 and have crap loads of dodgy tatoos, and I am way beyond the point where I would care if anyone saw my ink or not, I cant really hide them even if I want too. I once at a larger company meeting took of my jacket of my suit, and I had a very thin white shirt with a tie (it was horribly warm and the AC was acting up), and I can tell you that I did get quite a lot of people not only looking but stairing at me, heh, was kind of amusing actually.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
Nice Rebels!
I particularly like the 'alien' variety, it is good to spice things up.

A few years ago I made a few 'alien Rebel troopers' to add to my Star Wars figure collection for variety.
I may have to dig them out....

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 06:08:19 AM »
is that alien doing 1 handed, 1 legged push ups  lol

rest is looking awesome :o
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 01:24:12 PM »
I'm still trying to get round to painting my WEG 25mm Star Wars. I 'think' I have everything that was released, and I've managed to pick up a handful of Micor Machines Fllet Action vehicles which are pretty much spot on for size. Can't be bothered to repaint all the WOTC plastics I have - as nice as people are making them look. Also waiting for my 15mm 'not' rebels and 'not' stormtroopers to be sculpted for me by a friend for my own personal armies  :-*