Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Adapting Strange Aeons?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline RubberRonnie

• Bookworm
Adapting Strange Aeons?
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
Just received my copy of SA from Black Hat Miniatures (cheers Mike), and I have a couple of questions. How does the game handle larger forces of minis, and larger tabletops? Does it slow down too much to make it playable? I'm thinking of adapting it to play Weird War 2 games, something along the lines of 'The Dirty Dozen', 'Where Eagles Dare' and 'Guns of Navarone' but with an occult flavour. Cheers.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Re: Adapting Strange Aeons?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
They are testing Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten BETA, this is the cult war version of the game, same rules but for larger number of miniatures, try and see if you can down load the testing PDF from the resources page if not ask for a copy.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
Hey RubberRonnie,

The game works fine with larger numbers of models and a larger board...just watch out! The Lurker player has access to bigger monsters once the BP Total gets higher! Actually, a larger game has the potential to benefit the Lurker as they have multiple options for inexpensive Command models. Make sure those Agents have at least a few skills like: Ambush, Lieutenant and Smart...Hope that helps.

Offline TheShadow

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »
were just getting into Strange Aeons, and i like the idea of some weird war 2 gaming using the rules, were pretty into Secrets of the Third Reich and i was looking at a way of doing some skirmish level type gaming for just the sort of stuff you mentioned Ronnie, keep us (well me at least !) posted !
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"
"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.... The Shadow knows!"

Offline RubberRonnie

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone. The idea is for the Allies to be a small force of agents, supported by the military or Resistance fighters, with the aim of disrupting the Nazis nefarious schemes. So, scenarios will be along the lines of 'destroy the convoy', 'Kill the mad scientist', 'blow up the stargate' or 'steal the secret documents'. The Nazis will have access to various entities and supersoldiers, whilst the Allies will be more limited in that area, having to deal with the enemy with pure grit and determination. Though a certain red fellow with a huge revolver and his fishy friend may make an appearance! Looks like it's time to read the book.