Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691340
  • Total Topics: 118388
  • Online Today: 628
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Russo-Japanese War: First Russian greens from Tsuba Miniatures  (Read 10141 times)

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Re: Russo-Japanese War: First Russian greens from Tsuba Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »
The Russo Japanese war def constitutes a big battalion setting

Offline Ataman

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 12:16:05 AM »
Hi All,

If I put a peak on the hat could I use these figures for the Russian Civil War?

Hunlion

I would say that the biggest advantage of these figures is that they don't have a peak on their furazhki. In fact, I believe Tsuba is currently the only miniatures company that does Russians this way.

As was already mentioned, they'd make great figures for the 'Coloured' Officers regiments and Cadet units in the White Army.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 03:31:28 AM »
Lovely figures.
How is one to buy all the cool figures you see on LAF?
Oh my!
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 07:03:53 AM »
Lovely figures.
How is one to buy all the cool figures you see on LAF?
Oh my!

You have to be very rich, remember that you have to pay some professionell painters, too!

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!  :-*

It really is a little bit tricky regarding the right sub-forum it should go into.  :? As it is somehow related to a couple of the established sub-fora.

In regard to the Russian miniatures, the plan is to add more variants at a later date that basically wear the same uniforms but in a 'campaign look' (worn out uniforms/equipment, field modifications and replacements, added bags, entrencing tools, etc.), while these first sets represend pretty well equipted and smartly turned-out soldiers, fresh 'off the boat' resp. 'train' so to speak. So people can either mix and match or field units of newly arrived troops or grizzled veterans.

I'm also thinking on head sets with different kinds of head gear and also bare heads. What do you think?

Next on the list for the Russo-Japanese War is a Russian command set to go with the afore shown troopers and a HMG set each for Russians and the Japanese.  ;)  

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »
I'm also thinking on head sets with different kinds of head gear and also bare heads. What do you think?
Sounds good to me! Like for officers and perhaps cossacks? (Don't know if they wore the same uniform though?)

How about some "character" heads too, one with a bandage, one with an eye patch and so on?

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 02:06:51 AM »

A lovely idea especially with bandaged heads.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 03:03:06 AM »

It really is a little bit tricky regarding the right sub-forum it should go into.  :? As it is somehow related to a couple of the established sub-fora.

In regard to the Russian miniatures, the plan is to add more variants at a later date that basically wear the same uniforms but in a 'campaign look' (worn out uniforms/equipment, field modifications and replacements, added bags, entrencing tools, etc.), while these first sets represend pretty well equipted and smartly turned-out soldiers, fresh 'off the boat' resp. 'train' so to speak. So people can either mix and match or field units of newly arrived troops or grizzled veterans.

Next on the list for the Russo-Japanese War is a Russian command set to go with the afore shown troopers and a HMG set each for Russians and the Japanese.  ;)  

Interesting idea. I think I would prefer some cossacks before extra infantry though.

Offline Ataman

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 05:42:45 AM »

If you're looking for some inspiration I have a whole folder on my computer of Russian troops from the period which I would be more than happy to share with you. I also like to consider myself something of an expert on the Cossacks, so if you need any advice or pictures of them I would again be more than happy to assist you  :)

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
    • Kingscarbine Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
One thing I like about these figures is the different heights between the Japanese and Russians. I just read an article on the 1st Sino-Japanese War and the Mikado troops uniforms are very similar so I think these would also work for that period.

Offline the commissar

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
One thing I like about these figures is the different heights between the Japanese and Russians. I just read an article on the 1st Sino-Japanese War and the Mikado troops uniforms are very similar so I think these would also work for that period.

I was going to ask about just this - are there some pictures around with both the Japanese and Russians in them?

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
    • Kingscarbine Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
Didn't find any comparison photos of both Tsuba ranges. Well, at least they seem to be, compared to Copplestone and Musketeer Russians.  :?

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36459.msg427947#msg427947

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »
Hi,

There's no such comparison photo available as the greens went directly from Paul to Griffin moulds.  :?

I will make and post one as soon as I receive the first castings. (Also including some Copplestone, Musketeer, Redoubt. etc. miniatures for comparison.)

@ Ataman: That would be great! The more information the better! I send you a PM to work out how to best get your material.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:46:14 PM by Maichus »

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »
Hey guys,

Just received the castings of the new miniatures and here's the comparison shot of the Russian and Japanese troopers:

(What one has to bear in mind is that the Russian miniatures, so far, depict soldiers from the western, i.e. European, part of the Russian Empire.)

http://tsuba-miniatures.blogspot.de/

PS: More comparison photos (with other manufactures) to follow tomorrow or on Saturday.  ;)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
More Paul Hicks goodness  :)

I shall be getting some of these Russians with the intention of using them as RCW white coloured regiments  ;D