Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Old West Miniatures  (Read 1674 times)

Offline monkme

• Assistant
Old West Miniatures
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »
Hello there i'm new to the forum. However I am not so new to the hobby. I have a good collection of miniatures mostly these days from Dixons, Old Foundry and Artizan.

Artizan in my opinion are the best models around, ok they are not the most life like in some cases but capture the essence of the movies and spirt of the time.

Dixons are great but the sculpting isn't up to scratch when compared to the Artizan and foundry lot.

Foundry are great. I have but one problem with these guys. They are so expensive!! They are just as expensive as buying Games Workshop figures sometimes.

I've seen the black scorpion figures and they are a little too big for my liking. The deadland range is again a little too bulky (I sold a lot recently to friends) and I would love some of the Westwind stuff but found them on the US Old Glory website however not on the UK one, does anyone know what is up with that? Is there anywhere else that sells figures? Mostly more gimmick figures?

Thanks!
Dan
-------------------
We're Doomed!!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Old West Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »
Quote from: "monkme"
Hello there i'm new to the forum. However I am not so new to the hobby. I have a good collection of miniatures mostly these days from Dixons, Old Foundry and Artizan.

Artizan in my opinion are the best models around, ok they are not the most life like in some cases but capture the essence of the movies and spirt of the time.

Dixons are great but the sculpting isn't up to scratch when compared to the Artizan and foundry lot.

Foundry are great. I have but one problem with these guys. They are so expensive!! They are just as expensive as buying Games Workshop figures sometimes.

I've seen the black scorpion figures and they are a little too big for my liking. The deadland range is again a little too bulky (I sold a lot recently to friends) and I would love some of the Westwind stuff but found them on the US Old Glory website however not on the UK one, does anyone know what is up with that? Is there anywhere else that sells figures? Mostly more gimmick figures?

Thanks!
Dan

Hello Dan and welcome to the forum, you may be lucky and pick up some of those WW minis at independant stores such as Leisure games. I would think Old Glory UK will be selling them some time in the future so keep an eye out.

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/Cowboy_Wars__West_Wind_.html

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
Old West Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:50:50 PM »
there are some old west figures in the americas wars ranges, under Warpaint on the oldgloryuk site, not the cowboy wars range tho..

Offline monkme

• Assistant
Old West Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:47:12 AM »
thanks for the help. I only just came across the forum today! Some good threads and what with myself and friends starting a Legends of the high seas night up it should be source of future reference!