Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:23:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690862
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Announcing: Goalsystem Dungeon Delve!  (Read 1526 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Announcing: Goalsystem Dungeon Delve!
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »
From my blog:

http://four-color-figures.blogspot.com/2012/04/announcing-goalsystem-dungeon-delve.html

Here's the text of the announcement:

Announcing: Goalsystem Dungeon Delve!
Over the last five years, a lot of folks (well, 49 e-mails--is that a lot?) have inquired about an expanded Goalsystem Fantasy skirmish game. Well, I finally find myself in a place where I feel comfortable working on this, so here I am to announce that I have commenced work on Goalsystem Dungeon Delve!

I'll need a few weeks to knock together the nuts and bolts of this thing, but here is a list of some basic design goals, in no particular order:

* Utilize the latest version of GS as seen in Blasters & Bulkheads and the upcoming Department

* Adapt the rules to faithfully cover the Dungeon Fantasy genre (i.e., level-based advancement, monsters, treasures, etc.)

* Expand the role-play aspects of the system to better cover non-combat encounters, but do so in such a way as to not infringe on players who just want to kill stuff in the dungeon

* Include mechanics for building your favorite races and classes into the game, because we won't be able to fit them all in

Those are some lofty goals, and they'll likely mature as the project moves along. My good buddy Joe Dragovich will be handling the layout and visual design chores. He did Labors of the Gods and Blasters & Bulkheads. Super artist Thomas Scioli is along for the ride to provide character designs and artwork. If I can twist his arm, I'll also have my pal Schuyler Hernstrom along for some lavish prose on the chapter intro pieces.

And I hope to involve some of you folks in the play-testing. You know who you are, the usual suspects! The folks who've helped keep me going in this hobby the last 10 years.

Now for some gory details. I've always wanted to do a cloth-bound, hardcover book with a sewn binding. Maybe smallish, 6" x 9". Call it a fetish of mine. I dig those sorts of books. In order to do this, and really, in order to fund any kind of real print run on this book, I would need to go the Kickstarter route. Is this something folks would be amenable to? It may not be practical, but I am considering it. We'll of course also be doing an ultra-affordable, printer friendly PDF version no matter what way I decide to go with the print. It will be B&W no matter what we decide to do, I think.

This is just me doing some fishing right now. If we go this route, Joe and I will put together a proper Kickstarter pitch and the first place I announce it will be here.

So, yeah, Goalsystem Dungeon Delve! Tell your friends, hide the Kobold women and children (Chaotic Neutral, indeed!), and sharpen your swords! There will soon be quests to undertake and evil villains to slay!

Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Vinlander

• Scientist
Re: Announcing: Goalsystem Dungeon Delve!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »

GGGGAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.........

And even a little  :o :o :o :o :o  o_o o_o o_o

I'm PMing you re playtesting Scott.

"English is the result of the efforts of Norman men-at-arms to make
dates with Saxon barmaids, and is no more legitimate than any of the
other results." -- H. Beam Piper

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »
Just getting into Chaos in Cairo, so looking forward to this.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline carlosyc

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Great!
Seeing Supersystem and Fantasy Goalsystem i trust that it will be an awesome rulebook

P.D: Do you think that Thomas Scioli need help with artwork? I have a friend that works in the world of ilustration that would be pleasure to send him pics
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:19:37 PM by carlosyc »

Offline Fates Fickle Finger

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
Count me in!!! ;D
FFF

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 01:39:54 AM »
Sweeeeeeeet - I purchased the Fantasy Goal system last week, so this is very good news!  :D

Edit - I don't like to use my Credit Card online - any chance of another way of paying for the kickstarter bit?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:41:37 AM by Sheerluck Holmes »