Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Rough Future Skirmish Project - Another space gnoll 2/8/18  (Read 49714 times)

Online Scarper

• Scientist
Re: A Rough Future Skirmish Project - Legless old man with an exoskeleton 12/11
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2017, 12:09:22 AM »
Yeesh, tough crowd!  lol

As a wee teaser, here's an action shot from an AAR I'm putting together. Hope you enjoy!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »
Wow, that looks great! Love the stacks in the background and the ruined building is just excellent!

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2017, 09:54:55 PM »
awesome tread scarper!! keep posting!!

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2017, 02:16:09 PM »
The exoskeleton guy is great, really gritty. Nice to see a more realistic take on it rather than a super-suit!

Online Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
Thanks a lot for the comments folks!

@Sbloom141 - Thanks very much! I was trying to go with something a bit more utilitarian and civilian, so I'm glad you like it  :)
@huesped - Thanks, man, That's very motivational! Was a little bummed that there wasn't much response to Decker, but comments like yours fire me up again. I'm happy you're enjoying what I've posted
@Ockman - Cheers! I'll have a few more pictures of terrain in the next post.

Sorry for the slight gap between posts - I've been working on finishing off some terrain, but I've also got an important exam for my work coming up, so haven't had as much time as I'd like. Hopefully some terrain shots within the next week though, and thanks for your patience!  lol

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »
You have some truly excellent conversion work there.  Bravo.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2018, 05:25:09 AM »
*bump*  :D  This is an excellent thread... somehow missed it!   :o

Online Scarper

• Scientist
Thanks again for the kind words, folks! Another wee hiatus - I'm DMing my first game of Dungeons and Dragons for my wife and a few friends, and worldbuilding sucks up a LOT of time!

Here's something a little different - I've been playing with the Frostgrave Gnoll kit to make an alien species to expand my galaxy of Comora.

These guys are Maroques - indigenous sentients on Amarok, a jungle planet in orbit of the Comoran sun. Though making contact with non-space faring sentients is banned under several universal laws, Amarok has many rich mineral deposits, and a number of corporations have set up base planetside to begin extraction. Maroques are smart, curious, and natural scavengers, though their own tech level was little beyond smelting iron at the point of contact. As such, it did not take long for off-world arms and armaments to fall into the hands of some of the more enterprising Maroque settlements, drastically altering the balance of power on the planet.
Maroques are mainly confined to the planet of Amarok itself, having no real understanding of the science behind space travel, or the weaponry they steal or buy. Some groups have been armed and trained by local interests to attack their rivals or defend their installations, while other groups may attack or harass colonists to steal what they can use. Rare groups of Maroques have stowed away on some of the larger cargo freighters, and can occasionally be found wandering the deeper reaches of space stations or hives. The equipment they use is a mix of scavenged modern weaponry and iron age tech, with different groups' equipment largely reflecting whom they have been able to raid most recently. Laser armaments and other self-charging weapons are highly prized, as Maroques lack the knowledge or equipment to produce kinetic ammunition once what they have is spent.

Modelling-wise, they are a fun mix of medieval parts and sci-fi tech. I wanted to integrate the parts a little to stop them looking too much like medieval figs with guns glued on, so a fair bit of green stuff work, and some mixed added equipment too. I'm looking forward to painting them - going to do a little experimenting, but I'm picturing earth tones for the robes and gear with maybe a green spot colour, plus an incongruent camo scheme (maybe urban?) on their scavenged equipment. Should be fun!

This gent is the pack leader - a little older and more confident than the others. The smooth top he has on is a scavenged stab vest.

One of the younger pups - less gear, more enthusiasm!

Close quarters enthusiast. The axe in his left hand is a modern trench weapon and a recent acquisition, the one in his right hand is still his favourite - a well worn crude iron piece.

A maroque with a prized laser rifle - leave it in the sun and it gets all its charges back!

And my favourite for last - an intimidating gent with a scavenged flamethrower. Works almost as well filled with pitch and tar.

I hope you like them, and please let me know what you think. A little different to some of my other models in this thread, so very open to C&C.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 01:04:24 PM by Scarper »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: A Rough Future Skirmish Project - Gnolls in SPAAAAACE 27/3
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2018, 12:34:41 AM »
Cool group of Gnolls.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2018, 08:13:27 AM »
Wow, cool conversions!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
Yes, very nice conversions.

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
Those are fun! I love the flamethrower guy with the mask in particular. Gnolls work perfectly as space scavenger types.

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »
Oh I like the scavenger space gnolls. Those are some nice conversions. Gnolls have always been a favorite race of mine.

...regular gnoll, regular gnoll...

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »
 :o :o :o :-* :-* :-*
I need to steal that idea, it's simply awesome!

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »
Excellent gnolls.