Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690820
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BoB Whacky Races  (Read 19575 times)

Offline Stauffenberg

• Assistant
Re: BoB Whacky Races
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
Herr Stroganoff,

“The Proff”

Greetings my friend.

I have just finished reading your latest transmission with mixed emotions.

It rekindles memories of one of the darkest periods of my life – I had just received my Doctorate from Berlin when I was approached by the Dean at Ragensburg with an offer to take up the post of Head of Archaeology (recently vacated when Prof. Von Dadelson went missing). On the face of it, an excellent opportunity which I readily accepted.

The University of Regensburg was a dark forbidding place, on the day of my arrival they had released the hounds to track down a missing student who had been complaining about his lodgings. It soon became clear that all was not well at this establishment. The Faculty were extreme reactionaries to a man, prone to outbursts of rage, and worse, at the least provocation - not at all what you would expect from a seat of learning. Rumours abounded of missing students and strange goings-on.

The University had extensive links with missionary centres throughout the world, many of which were partially funded by the University, many of whom sent their brightest converts to the University here at Regensburg. Strangely the missionary students were kept apart from the others when not at classes and did not participate in many of the after lecture activities, other than “hunt the student”, where they appeared to provide the “hare”.

It was at one such “hunt the student” event that I first came across “The Proff”(real name Angus Ajibodi, first name from his Scottish Missionary mother’s family, surname from his father the Witch Doctor).

As Angus was a Chemistry student our paths had never before crossed, he seemed an affable student with a razor sharp mind.  Demonstrated to the amazement and rage of the Faculty when Angus was back in the dorm within 30 minutes of the hunt beginning, whilst the hounds and senior boys did not return for a further 12 hours. Angus had put his skills to good use and laced his tracks with an unknown compound of his own design resulting in the senior boys being dragged all over the country for the next 12 hours by the dogs. Sadly this marked Angus for special attention resulting shortly thereafter in his being dragged before the Disciplinary Diet on charges of the utmost severity.

The Diet was convened, consisting of 4 members and the Chair, with me being drafted in at the eleventh hour to Chair on the final day when the Dean was “called away” unexpectedly. On the face of it the evidence was damning, albeit very one sided. The final day of the hearing consisted of poor Angus chained to his highchair whilst the charges were read out and each member of the Diet pronouncing their judgement, as four Heads of Department pronounced him “Guilty” there was no need for me to use the Chair’s casting vote, only the sentence remained to be pronounced. Angus was dragged from the room, still chained in his highchair whilst sentencing was discussed. You can imagine my horror when suggestions such as “bury him alive”, “flog him to death”, “set the dogs on him”, etc. were suggested. Angus was dragged back into the room and as Chair it fell to me to pass sentence – Angus was advised that he would be expelled immediately, never to return to the University. Angus left the next morning before the return of the Dean whilst arguments raged amongst the Faculty about the leniency of the sentence.
Needless to say, upon the Dean’s return I was censured for my actions and promptly resigned. Shortly thereafter the events at the University reached the broadsheets and the entire Faculty was removed. The University now enjoys an unparalleled reputation for excellence.

Finally, I am pleased to see that “The Proff” (Angus Ajibodi) is very much alive and well.
I would like to offer young Angus, albeit somewhat belatedly, an Honorary Degree in Chemistry from the University of Dar es Salaam as some measure of recompense for his interrupted education .

Your friend,

Von Stauffenberg   

PS Vehicles are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »
Von S
Your customary gentlemanly words will be passed on to 'The Proff' (although we will have to draw them for him as usual).
I am sure that, should he receive a nice certificate to frame and hang on the wall of the 'Mud Hut Dispensary and Abattoir' that all will be well.
It will sit nicely next to the ones he has from Stroganoff Enterprises (Dodgy Degrees Division) where he has achieved
high honours in Astro Physics, Dressmaking and Deportment.
Sadly even he failed in the attempt to get the Doctorate in Personal Hygiene (even Stroganoff Enterprises have some standards) so the wall space is available.
Thank your for your kind words on the vechs; there is 1 more in the spray shop...

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
Re: BoB Whacky Races (new pics)
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
Last one for now; this is a 1912 Simplex Double Roadster tooled up.
Driver is a Reiver figure with a Woodbine head. May change this as I have some Empress drivers on order and really need a White Russian driver.
Bloke riding shotgun is a Foundry Mutiny figure; officer in the back is a Company B German Officer just painted to pass as a White Russian. Bang sticks from Pulp. So thanks to all for figure suggestions and kind comments.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:04:54 PM by smirnoff »

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
More genius. I love this project.
Wonderful stuff.  :-*

Offline Big Martin

• Scientist
  • Wargamer, Re-enactor & Failed Historian
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »
Excellent stuff - wish I had half your talent for converting vehicles.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
Wonderful (again)!

Love the scheme of the white officer!

another humble suggestion: I think you need to get one Citroen B2 Halftrack.
 http://www.miniaturicum.de/product_info.php?products_id=5729

it cries to be included in your collection!
argsilverson

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments
That 1/2 track looks good, thank you

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
Cracking work, yet again!
 :-*

I am absorbing all of this to steal for my own vehicles when I get around to them!
 ;D
Keep 'em coming!

Offline Beast of Bukhara

• Scientist
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »
Ah.....!

1912 Simplex Double Roadster 4.3 litre, 30 horsepower, six cylinder engine,
with Stromberg Downdraft carburetor.

Can go from zero to 100 kilometres an hour in 12.5 seconds.

Single Maxin and Lewis mounting

And I even like the colour !

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:58 AM »
Thank you Beast
Msr.Stroganoff of Stroganoff Enterprises (Automobile Appropriation Divison) is the man to speak to should you require one nicked

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
just found the new driver from Tobsen
http://frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39185

I think it has some potential uses.

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »
Thanks
He looks great I think I have to get him

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
Just now I saw a conversion in GWP for a motorcycle:
http://gwargamesp.18.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=7719
you might be interesting.

I would also like to draw your attention to the tradition of london various ranges with some drivers which might be useful:
Edwardian motoring figures
http://traditionoflondonshop.com/index.php?cPath=256_280
and Clive Nights WW1 car passengers:
http://traditionoflondonshop.com/index.php?cPath=308_325
british french and austrogermans.
Of course needs to be seen first because the photos in their website is not very well.

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
Thanks argsilverson
That motorbike and sidecar is a great find. I will have a look and see if I can get my hands on one.
I have seen the tradition stuff in the flesh; if they are the same models I saw the level of sculpt detail will not stand up to Artizan/Foundry/Copplestone etc but thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Jim French

• Librarian
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
Excellent stuff!  I particularly like the armored truck with the cannon.  Looks like the old days in the AF:  Kick the tires, light the fires, first one in the air is the lead.