Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Achtung! Cthulhu  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Achtung! Cthulhu
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:41:39 AM »
New RPG. It sounds really cool:

The Secret War Has Begun!

Achtung! Cthulhu brings you a two-fisted wartime roleplaying game setting for Call of Cthulhu and Savage Worlds, packed full of fiendish Nazi scientists, terrifying ancient mysteries, legendary German war machines, desperate partisans, gun-toting paratroopers, determined investigators, and enough writhing tentacles to pack ten Reichstags.

http://www.achtungcthulhu.com/

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Achtung! Cthulhu
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 02:08:49 AM »
Sounds like fun! Thanks for the heads up mate :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:29:24 AM »
Great art!
Thanks for posting that,
Also savage worlds is my favorite RPG rule set, so I'm happy to see stuff like this for it.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
I'm using World of Darkness myself, but this background is almost exactly what I've created for my campaign myself! What are the odds eh?

So yeah; Ill bem eagerly waiting for this... :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Xenomrph

• Bookworm
  • Archivist
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 07:14:37 AM »
This looks pretty great! Is there an ETA on it?

Offline Nitrogibbon

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
This looks pretty great! Is there an ETA on it?

Kickstarter for the CoC ruleset is now up -almost at 100% with potential for them to add minis into the stretches

http://kck.st/XFQWgW

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »
I find the organization very confusing. So, they already have a core rules book and several mini-adventures, and the kickstarter is for expansions? It doesn't look like there is a print version of the rules available. Wouldn't that be something worth kickstarting? Also, I'm confused about the system and what they are aiming at. It looks like they are currently Savage Worlds, but also have their own system, but are also planning on supporting the Chaosium system if the Kickstarter goes beyond a certain level?  I feel like they are all over the place!  o_o

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:14:37 PM »
I find the organization very confusing. So, they already have a core rules book and several mini-adventures, and the kickstarter is for expansions? It doesn't look like there is a print version of the rules available. Wouldn't that be something worth kickstarting? Also, I'm confused about the system and what they are aiming at. It looks like they are currently Savage Worlds, but also have their own system, but are also planning on supporting the Chaosium system if the Kickstarter goes beyond a certain level?  I feel like they are all over the place!  o_o

No core rulebook as originals were written for Call of Cthulhu and Savage worlds.These books are source books for setting-initially for Call of Cthulhu rules but Savage worlds when stretch goal met.As they are, you can play the 2 scenarios that are currently on release using CoC or Savage worlds rules.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:06:14 AM »
Man, that art in the OP is great...as a huge fan of propaganda posters of that time, I'd love to see a half-dozen period correct posters like that...maybe re-do some famous ones. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »

Hi there, Achtung! Cthulhu uses the core Call of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds rules. Our first two releases were stand alone adventures with all the new rules you'd need to play with the core rules. There are print versions available at the £40 pledge on kickstarter of the new core setting books - Investigator's and Keeper's Guide

For the Kickstarter we've created the full setting books with all the specific rules for WW2 Cthulhu investigations (which include combat related stuff too) plus we'll be adding miniatures and tiles by a well known designer soon as stretch goals. The Kickstarter page does explain it well http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/achtung-cthulhu-the-ww2-keepers-and-investigators

www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »
Man, that art in the OP is great...as a huge fan of propaganda posters of that time, I'd love to see a half-dozen period correct posters like that...maybe re-do some famous ones. 

working on that :-)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09:38 AM »
You  make them available, and I'd buy some!   :-*

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
There are print versions available at the £40 pledge on kickstarter of the new core setting books - Investigator's and Keeper's Guide

Are these softback B&W or hardback colour?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »
hardback full colour!