Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:43:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690524
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.156 Scots pike block painted  (Read 592609 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.149 AND YET MORE new painting :)
« Reply #2235 on: December 16, 2022, 04:18:58 PM »
I'm sure I recognise a couple of these lads from the Westeros project way back when! Excellent work keeping them versatile!  :D

Thanks  :)
I think the chap on the caparisoned horse might have doubled as a Lannister at one point, yes  lol
Actually that reminds me. If I look in the right box, I might be able to find one or two GoT figures I could quickly recolour to bring more WOTR units up to strength for Billhooks - although that will be robbing Peter to pay Paul ;)

Offline MaaX

• Scientist
    • Facebook blog with my work
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.149 AND YET MORE new painting :)
« Reply #2236 on: December 20, 2022, 09:54:20 AM »
These are very nice! A true inspiration.  :-* :-* :-*

May I ask where is the caparisoned horse from? I was looking for horses like that that will match Perry's miniatures.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2237 on: December 21, 2022, 02:08:22 AM »
Dead smart indeed.  Wonderful work.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2238 on: December 21, 2022, 09:35:16 PM »

May I ask where is the caparisoned horse from? I was looking for horses like that that will match Perry's miniatures.

It’s a Fireforge Teutonic / Templar Knight’s horse body with a Perry horse’s head :)

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2239 on: December 23, 2022, 09:07:04 PM »
These are very nice! A true inspiration.  :-* :-* :-*

I have done a couple for myself with green stuff and miliput mix. It’s a quite easy conversion, not much different than making cloaks, if you are interested I could write a walk through.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 01:49:41 AM by Captain Harlock »

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #2240 on: December 26, 2022, 11:01:54 PM »
Phenomenal brushwork! Absolutely master class!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.150 Mercenary pikemen painted
« Reply #2241 on: December 28, 2022, 12:12:11 PM »
Thank you :)

And now for something slightly different... Not, in fact, Perry (:o :o :o :o - shocking, I know) although very definitely designed to fit with the Perry WOTR era figures...

Here's a first company of mercenary Euro pikemen for Billhooks.
These excellent 28mm figures are by a brand new company called Warsteel Miniatures, based in Germany, and run by Simon Maier, who's also here on LAF (user name GulKelan)

These figures will form part of a Kickstarter in 2023, portraying unarmoured 'Vorhut' Swiss / Continental European pikemen, crossbowmen and handgunners for the late medieval period.
The figures are digitally sculpted by Simon, who - since I expressed an interest - got in touch to ask if I would like to see some samples. He then generously sent me a batch of about 100 different figures printed in resin (yes, it's a very large selection!) The resin holds the fine detail on the figures wonderfully. There are also about 130 different interchangeable heads, all in distinctive mittel-european styles of helmets and headgear. All beautifully done.
The figures are sized to fit exactly with the Perry plastics late medieval ranges, and I'm looking forward to trying out some of Simon's heads on some Perry bodies in the near future (and vice-versa in fact!).
The Warsteel poses are a lot more active and dynamic than the Perry figures, but I think they will fit in very well. Simon has practiced late medieval re-enactment combat, so his poses feel very realistic.
I guess it's also true that you can print almost any pose you like using 3D printing. Whereas 'traditional' injection-moulded plastic figures on a frame have certain limitations imposed by the process.

Anyway, I'll be painting some units of mercenary crossbowmen and handgunners next, followed by a second pike company.

I believe Simon's intent with the Kickstarter is now to provide the digital files to backers - and if, like me, you want nothing to do with the gooey, sticky, time-consuming and technical end of 3D printing, you'll be able to send on the files to a local '3D print farm' (yes, apparently such places exist) who will print the figures out for you.
If the first Kickstarter is successful, Simon then plans to sculpt armoured and part-armoured types.
(Please don't ask me questions on the Kickstarter though, because I have no direct involvement! Simon offered to send me some figures in exchange for pictures of any of the figures I end up painting. I liked the look of the figures so much that I said yes. And I'm glad I did, because they're lovely :-*)

Simon's original thread on these figures is here, and best to address any questions direct to him :)

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=139184.0

Offline DalyDR

• Librarian
« Reply #2242 on: December 28, 2022, 12:36:30 PM »
Those look very nice indeed.  The poses are excellent, as is the paintwork!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #2243 on: December 28, 2022, 12:46:38 PM »
Grand  8)

I feel like making them all dead next week  >:D lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2244 on: December 28, 2022, 12:50:36 PM »
you want nothing to do with the gooey, sticky, time-consuming and technical end of 3D printing,

That would be me. :D

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #2245 on: December 28, 2022, 01:08:34 PM »
Oh wow these are some amazing sculpts! Thanks for showing them! I'll definitely have to check out the Kickstarter when that goes live

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2246 on: December 28, 2022, 03:21:22 PM »
Now that I see them painted up I'm even more of a fan!  :-* :-* :-*

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #2247 on: December 28, 2022, 04:11:34 PM »
Wow! These look gorgeous! :o

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2248 on: December 28, 2022, 04:38:38 PM »
It really was a interesting looking Kickstarter. And I might jump in once he restarts it. Lots of great poses and some many heads and helmets make it worth it. Even if I don't have a 3D printer.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #2249 on: December 28, 2022, 04:59:16 PM »
They do look nice with some paint on them! I'm hoping to try them out myself in the near future....