Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.156 Scots pike block painted  (Read 593711 times)

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
  • www.dalauppror.blogspot.com
    • Dalauppror Wargamingblog
So much good paint work here Richard!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Its a joy to see them all, gives very good and needed inspiration!

Best regards Michael

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Wow, unbelievable stuff, stripes on lances wow

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
Greetings
If anythings gonna' make me buy some plastic it's this bunch, brilliant work Richard  8)

Oh yes. What did I write at the start of this thread "Not interested in plastic, not interested in the time range" ... GAH... I'm sitting here looking at those pictures and not stopping shaking my head at the marvelous work.

I'm wondering if one could not pin your posting about the metal work (the same where you explained how you paint the lance stripes). It sure counts as a tutorial/walk-through on True Metal and I know I will want to try my hand at this on several minis in armor I have here.  :)

Since I can't paint a horse for what is worth, I think I'll take a few of your pictures Richard and use them as reference when I'm finally starting those Gripping Beast Horde I bought years ago.

Stunning an marvelous and such great eye candy
Thank you so much
Jo
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Don't talk to me about the time taken to assemble plastic figures!  ::)

Yes, but the Perry's do seem to use recycled armour plate to cast their figures. Forget the dremmel, I'm using a Kango hammer  lol
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
You've got a point there Chris. Hadn't really thought about it before, but mould lines on metal figures are normally vanished away with ease by the dremel steel brush...
On the Perry figures though, they are strangely persistent.
Even when you've got rid of the surface line, it's still there in the metal... They say they use a lot less lead than some other manufacturers, which I guess makes the metal harder. And safer. So maybe I shouldn't complain  ;)

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
Wonderfull paintwork Richard!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Great painting Richard, as if we expected anything less (jealously hoping maybe  ;D ).

Regarding the Halfords brown spray. Is it just like the black, but brown (as in matt and a fairly even coverage?).

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
And safer. So maybe I shouldn't complain  ;)

And on the plus side, they don't dent if you drop them. Swings and roundabouts ain't it  :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Aye  ;)

Regarding the Halfords brown spray. Is it just like the black, but brown (as in matt and a fairly even coverage?).

Yes Jim. Deep dark brown and ultra flat matt too. Very good stuff. I'm impressed. It's a bit more expensive than their standard black, but gives a very nice finish. I'm about to try it as an undercoat for some figures too, so my black days may soon be behind me at this rate...  ::)

Make a good base for peasants and the like I should think...  ;)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Make a good base for peasants and the like I should think... 

Figures in general. Ivebeen hoping there would be something like this out there  :D

cheers

James

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
 :-* :-* Your work continues to inspire Captain!

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
Figures in general. Ivebeen hoping there would be something like this out there  :D

cheers

James

If you both don't stop going on about wonderful products you can get in UK that I cannot get here then I am going to have to start frowning at you. I am giving you both just this one warning. So beware, Paddington has nothing on me when it comes to such matters  :o

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
 :-*

Very nice, Richard.

You entry on SD's is quite nice as well.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
If you both don't stop going on about wonderful products you can get in UK that I cannot get here then I am going to have to start frowning at you. I am giving you both just this one warning. So beware, Paddington has nothing on me when it comes to such matters  :o

;D Bring it on  ;D

cheers

James

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Well, another slight diversion from the Mounted Men At Arms, I spent quite a long time yesterday painting guns, trying to get them all done in one session - since I fecking hate painting cannon...  :o

I also added a couple more plastic gun crew to the paint queue...

First: Ronaldo of Savoy, Artillery Master for hire...
His head is another GW Empire spare part from the batch Jimbibbly sent me. His mace of office is bodged from a piece of polearm with a Fireforge part on the top...
Apart from the hand swap holding the polearm, he's otherwise made from standard components...

And with him, his personal arrow catcher - Gianluigi the Buffoon.
Gianluigi's sole purpose in the gun crew is to stand in front his eminent employer, and protect Master Ronaldo from incoming fire...  ;)
(And yes, his pavises will be peppered with arrows in the finished version  :))

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:01:26 PM by Captain Blood »