Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Q. re. Foundry Amazons - new Amazon Characters release out now  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Does anyone know if the packs have variant figures? That is, are they put together from a pool of figures so you get a random assortment in the pack. I ask b/c Beasts of War previewed a pack of Amazons which don't show up on the Foundry site, so I was wondering if the packs are assorted.

Before everyone says "Why not ask Foundry" - I have. Twice. But they haven't responded.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:46:48 AM by Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye »

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Q. re. Foundry Amazons
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
Hmmm. My experience with Foundry generally is that what they have in the picture is what you get. The figs that you saw may be from a future wave. Tim might know though. He's actually ordered some.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »
I've got one Amazon blister some weeks ago and it contains exactly what they have in the picture.

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
I've picked up a few and they are as the Prof says, except there is occassional mispackaging. I had an extra rider in one pack of cavalry and two of the same figure in one other pack when I think it was supposed to be one of each pose  (based on the other packs recieved.)

I think there must be at least one more Amazon release to come as there is picture in their Tribes of Legend of bow armed chariotry and that pack isn't out yet. Neither are the nude peltasts previewed on the Beasts of War site.

I've asked Foundry about those but I guess they have me set on "ignore" because they haven't replied.

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
Finally heard back from Foundry. Apparently there is another Amazon (or Greek Mythology?) release pending "very soon". This will presumably have the peltasts and some more chariots. Some javelin girls in active poses would have been nice instead of the static ones (who look like they are trying to figure out how to throw the damn things!)

It would be nice to get some Trojan, Achaean, etc rank-and-file as well.

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: Q. re. Foundry Amazons - new Greek Mythology release pending...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:45:49 AM »
Just had an email about an "Amazon Character Collection" release. It features the nekkid hoplites and another couple of chariots, one of which is interestingly called "Chariot 5" when I'm pretty sure there are only 4 out (so far...)

Wish the horse archers weren't all left-handed.

Also, one of the chariots seems to have 4 horses (based on the photo) but seems to be priced the same as the others (which only seem to have two horse each.)