Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689609
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "Fanticide" New skirmish/warbands game: now on Kickstarter  (Read 19237 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Fanticide now has a website with some new details of how the game plays. Still lacks information about how to build warbands or any sample warbands.  Some nice pictures of miniatures in the gallery.

http://www.aliendungeon.com/Joomla/index.php/fanticide

Considering this is due for release "summer 2012" I am surprised there is still so little information about the core of the game...the warbands.

There is also a "review" in the current issue of Ancible. No new information (and dwarfed by the EotD coverage).

Offline Andy H

• Librarian
The Architects of War fortress of doom is right in the middle of the area that got hit by the storms last week and they're without power, so I imagine it'll be a little while longer before they get themselves sorted  8)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
So AoW and Alien Dungeon are the same thing, rather than just working together?

Offline Andy H

• Librarian
So AoW and Alien Dungeon are the same thing, rather than just working together?

Same people certainly, I could ask Ernie about the technicalities but he'd probably lock me in the basement for being awkward  :D

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
 lol

The forum is now up and running on the website:
http://www.aliendungeon.com/Joomla/index.php/fanticide

I got very swift and informative answers to a couple of questions about warband structures and development that I asked.

Launch is now hoped for "late" summer.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Keeping this thread alive as there's more on it than the other...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: "Fanticide" New skirmish/warbands game:New Pics 21/07/12
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »
Some pictures of new miniatures for the game. The "brownies" are 10mm figures in 28mm scale....so pretty small.  These are official figures to be released.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: "Fanticide" New skirmish/warbands game
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
More updates on the Fanticide blog page:
http://aliendungeon.blogspot.com.es/

Including some details and lots of pictures of the demonstrations at Historicon.
This review/interview is very good and gives a lot more information on how the game works: http://bringyouragamemagazine.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/a-look-at-alien-dungeons-upcoming.html

Release now due for Mid September......goes back a bit with each update.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2012, 07:33:23 AM »
More updates on the Fanticide blog page:
http://aliendungeon.blogspot.com.es/

Including some details and lots of pictures of the demonstrations at Historicon.
This review/interview is very good and gives a lot more information on how the game works: http://bringyouragamemagazine.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/a-look-at-alien-dungeons-upcoming.html

Release now due for Mid September......goes back a bit with each update.

Forgotten for me Rob, they took too long so have decided to pick up and use Dux Britannium thingie and play around with that ;D

Offline Andy H

• Librarian
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
Forgotten for me Rob, they took too long so have decided to pick up and use Dux Britannium thingie and play around with that ;D

Oh look, a squirrel  ;)

Seriously, I was talking to Ernie yesterday, and the amount of work Architects of War and River Horse are putting in to the layout, photography etc to get this right I'm not surprised its taking a little while. Apparently the book goes to the printers this weekend, and they ran dozens of games at Historican and may have wanted to make some last minute tweaks based on those.

Regardings

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »
Quote from: Lowtardog

They have been somewhat slow to get to market from the initial promo. The slow drip feed of information has not really helped either :?  Looking a bit pricey as well $55 for the rules or $75 for a box of rules, tokens and activation cards......

I still have some doubts about the true flexibility of these rules, but really do keep hoping that they will combine a great "free form" force construction with good skirmish game mechanics. Kind of like Ares but with decent gameplay. Nothing at the moment has come anywhere close to that goal for me.

I will need to see a lot of positive game play reports before spending that sort of money on a "maybe" set of rules.

@AndyH......Andy, from your experience testing these how feasible would it be to ignore the unit structures and missile/melee/monster limits and start from scratch with just the points lists?

Rob

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2012, 08:13:28 AM »
I still have some doubts about the true flexibility of these rules, but really do keep hoping that they will combine a great "free form" force construction with good skirmish game mechanics. Kind of like Ares but with decent gameplay. Nothing at the moment has come anywhere close to that goal for me.

I will need to see a lot of positive game play reports before spending that sort of money on a "maybe" set of rules.
I can only agree wholehearted to this. I got hold of the Realms of Chaos books with half a thought to use them, but let's see.
Duncan

Offline Andy H

• Librarian
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »

@AndyH......Andy, from your experience testing these how feasible would it be to ignore the unit structures and missile/melee/monster limits and start from scratch with just the points lists?

Rob

It hasn't really been my focus to be honest, but I'll ask Ernie if I can write a preview of it as its obviously of great interest here  :)

All the best

Offline Andy H

• Librarian
Re: "Fanticide" New skirmish/warbands game: More new details 06/08
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
Right, I have the warband creation rules and permission to write an article showing how they work. I'll see if I can make time to do so next week - do you have any special requests on races? The setting encourages races from all over to come through the big portal in the centre of Nowhere, so you can in theory have anything sucked through, from Romans to Colonial Marines (though I'd keep in fantasy/historical for now!)