Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 584
Total: 589

Recent

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Mr. Jape

• Assistant
Greetings
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
Hello there. Finally joined as I've ended up on this forum through various links drooling at the creations, so I thought I best come on in.

I used to be a determined Warhammer player, however I was always more intrigued in low-level gaming with character over giant blast discs. Also as a history and alternate history nerd I spent a lot of time trying to shoe horn real world influences into my GW armies. However as GW prices sky rocket and their focus moves to thousand strong armies being the norm, I've become more interested in looking elswhere for tabletop fun. So I come here!

My interests are pretty much anything but with particular focus on anything with a wierd element so VSF, Gothic Horror and Pulp I guess. I have a thing for Lovecraftian beasties battling all and sundry, with some less sanity snapping aliens thrown in for good measure. And a steam-powdered rocket bicycle for something.

Mr. Jape

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
Welcome to the LAF!  :)

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee... ;)

Loads of tabletop fun can be found here and going through your list of interests, I'd say you'd fit in perfectly  :)
per aspera ad astra

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
Welcome.  You have arrived at the right place, there are days of goodness to trawl through on this site.  Enjoy, but don't expect to leave soon!!!!!  :o
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Mr. Jape

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
Thank you both.

I'm already beginning to trawl through - I'll be careful not to get lost in the web of miniaturised goodness.

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
Welcome to LAF.

You seem to have quite a variety of interests!  :o  ;D

That means you'll fit right into our bunch of crazy gamers  :D

Hope you have a long and merry stay with us.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline necrocannibal

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu for President!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »
Welcome.

I have a thing for Lovecraftian beasties battling all and sundry, with some less sanity snapping aliens thrown in for good measure.

Then be sure to visit the Call of Cthulhu and Strange Aeons part of this fantastic forum.
The Cult of the Black Goat Cultist No. 11

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »

Welcome to LAF 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/