Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 567
Total: 569

Recent

Author Topic: Defiance Games Bugs and Germans  (Read 15535 times)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Re: Defiance Games Bugs and Germans
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »
This thread will not go the way of the last one.
Well, it might if you can't control yourselves, in which case it will be closed.

Renders are de rigeur for Defiance and there's no need to comment on them each time unless someone mistakenly thinks they're real product (which isn't the case so far) when a simple and polite explanation should be posted by some helpful soul to clarify things.

As always, jokes about missed deadlines and silly excuses are fine :)

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »
Maybe I just can't find any good pictures but anyone know just how large are the bugs?  Man size in 28mm?  I am thinking about using them as big nasties for 15mm gaming.
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »
From the Defiance web site

The base is 30mm across, so bigger than a GW 25mm round.

And unbased next to a marine (prototypes of course)

So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »

The Goiter Gals!    lol

(I know, that is what Defiance uses as the attachment point for heads, but I just can't look at this particular picture without thinking someone forgot their iodine pills)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:08:06 AM by CptJake »
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 12:59:49 AM »
Bugs are quite nice, but a little small and potentially out of scale for their intended 28mm adverseries. Good for 15mm though....hmmm. ;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »
As I understand it these are just the little drones and bigger ones will be forthcoming if everything goes to plan.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »
As I understand it these are just the little drones and bigger ones will be forthcoming if everything goes to plan.

Oh right cheers Paul.

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2012, 06:05:13 AM »
Yep.  Look fine for 15mm to me.   :)

Thanks for the photos!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2012, 07:30:57 AM »
No probs.

I'd be interested in seeing where the bugs were going if I didn't have unpainted SST warrior bugs in the attic.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »
Despite having been told I'm wrong several times, I still don't think it's a sterling idea to make female troopers just by swapping heads onto male bodies...

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 09:52:06 AM »
Despite having been told I'm wrong several times, I still don't think it's a sterling idea to make female troopers just by swapping heads onto male bodies...

But then, if you see all beefed up riot police in ther body armor, the female officers are as broad shouldered as their male counterparts. Only real difference is the height. And those Panzergrenadiere look totally encased to me. ::)

I do totally agree though, that if you sculpt females without body armour, one should be more able to see a difference between female and male (i. e. shapelier butt, chest etc.). Just google female israeli soldiers and you know what I mean. You sure can tell they are women. ;D
But even those beauties kinda loose their distinctive body marks when they start carrying equipment. So I say one could life with female heads on those Panzergrenadier bodies.

Just my humble opinion.

von der Tann
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
But then, if you see all beefed up riot police in ther body armor, the female officers are as broad shouldered as their male counterparts. Only real difference is the height. And those Panzergrenadiere look totally encased to me. ::)

Being myself a policeman... not. No way our female workmates are as broad shouldered as us. Sure, they don't look femenine at all, but you can tell the women from the men according to height (this may be misleading), width (much better indicator), and the proportions of hips/waist and legs/torso.
Anyway, the hads in that render look like trannys, so putting them on male bodies would work. >:D
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
But then, if you see all beefed up riot police in ther body armor, the female officers are as broad shouldered as their male counterparts. Only real difference is the height.
Having recently looked at a number of pix on the subject, I tend to disagree on the "broad" but very much agree on the "height".

It is obviously possible to write the fluff so that there is a "butchness requirement" for females of the Panzergrenadier Corps but that's an application of "pre-emptive fanboy logic" - IOW "we can't be bother to fit two body types in the sprue so let's make a universe where it doesn't matter".

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 12:25:49 PM »
Being myself a policeman... not. No way our female workmates are as broad shouldered as us. Sure, they don't look femenine at all, but you can tell the women from the men according to height (this may be misleading), width (much better indicator), and the proportions of hips/waist and legs/torso.
Anyway, the hads in that render look like trannys, so putting them on male bodies would work. >:D

Having recently looked at a number of pix on the subject, I tend to disagree on the "broad" but very much agree on the "height".

Well ok .. maybe my eyesight is off the mark today. Maybe the women aren't as broad as their male counterparts. My bad. Sorry. :)

It is obviously possible to write the fluff so that there is a "butchness requirement" for females of the Panzergrenadier Corps but that's an application of "pre-emptive fanboy logic" - IOW "we can't be bother to fit two body types in the sprue so let's make a universe where it doesn't matter".

But to get back on topic - i think it's not quite fair to "demand" two body types on a sprue. Haven't seen any other manufacturer who has done something like that. If it were standard to include male and female bodies on sprues I would agree with you. But as it is - I am sorry, I just think it just wouldn't not be fair towards Defiance Games.

Needles to say, having different bodies for the two genders on the sprues would probably give them a huge plus with the crowds ...

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:10 PM »
I think it's fair to use the same body, as most of the bulk is from the armour. Some pics from obvious source material:

Height might of course be an issue. Not enough to bother me, though. Taller girls, shorter guys. This is always a very good reminder:

http://ninamatsumoto.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/athletic-body-diversity-reference-for-artists/