Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:48:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ranges returned: Wargames Supply Dump; Harlequin Sci-Fi  (Read 5585 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Ranges returned: Wargames Supply Dump; Harlequin Sci-Fi
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »
Just to note the welcome return of two mini ranges that seemed to have vanished.

One is Wargames Supply Dump, home of the "Dick Garrison" pulp sci-fi figures sculpted mostly by Bob Olley, as well as of assorted other minis including not-Triffids, not-Vespiform and not-Green Slime.
http://www.wargamessupplydump.co.uk/

The other is the old Harlequin Sci-Fi range, which has been long absent from Black Tree's web shop.  Not everything is back yet, but the reissues include a nice Hammerstein look-alike (omitting only the hammer itself) for about half the price of Foundry's versions.  Also space dwarfs, for thoise of you who like that sort of thing.
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/uk/home.php?cat=2594
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Ranges returned: Wargames Supply Dump; Harlequin Sci-Fi
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
You just made my day with those news. I have lots of those Harlequin not-Space Marines (Starship Marines) but I was missing some references and now they are back. I just hope they reissue all the combat droids, some of those are really great looking.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:42:59 AM »
Like the minis, but had a terrible customer experience with Black Tree years ago.  Probably wouldn't risk it again.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:47:41 AM »
The only problem I had with them was slow dispatch for items that were "in stock", but that was years ago... :?

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:45 AM »
I've ordered from Black Tree Designs (US) twice now. Both times my order was screwed up.  :'(  The first order (March 2009), they sent me an email stating that one item was on back order. For the next six months I repeatedly tried to contact them about my order, and they never responded. I still have not received the item.  >:(  In the second order, they shipped me the wrong item. Luckily, I used Pay-pal and was able to open a case against them. They finally sent the right item. 0 for 2.  :-[

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 07:12:56 AM »
WSD is back! Best miniatures news for me this year. I've been wanting their stuff since I started my gafdoz project. Expensive year it will be.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »
Like the minis, but had a terrible customer experience with Black Tree years ago.  Probably wouldn't risk it again.

Having had little alternative because of the Doctor Who range, I've made quite a few orders from the over the last couple of years, and not had any trouble: indeed, they have been one of the faster and more efficient companies I've dealt with in that time.  Perhaps I've just been lucky, but perhaps they've got their house in order - most of the horror stories seem to date from a while back.

But if anyone is reluctant to order from them and wants to buy that not-Hammerstein WarDroid, please PM me.  I've got one I don't need.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:07:09 PM by Steve F »

Offline Auton

• Mad Scientist
    • The Lead Mountain Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
But if anyone is reluctant to order from them and wants to buy that not-Hammerstein WarDroid, please PM me.  I've got one I don't need.

How tall is that wardroid Steve? Considering it for an imposing mecha in a 15mm Gruntz force...

Nick

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »
How tall is that wardroid Steve? Considering it for an imposing mecha in a 15mm Gruntz force...

Well, mine's still unassembled and in its pack, Nick, but as best as I can measure it through the pacakging, it's about 45mm from sole to top of head.

Edit: to avoid confusion with the other droid in that range, this is the one I mean.  Picture taken from Black Tree's own website:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:06:39 PM by Steve F »

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
This is rather strange I sent Black Tree an email suggesting they re-release the scifi line, never got a response.

But this is good news those not squats will be excellent to give a another unit to my squats1 :D

Offline mpennock

• Scientist
    • Arctic Skunk Shapeways store
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
WSD is back? Great news! I will have to put together and order, once I dig out my old figs and figure out where I left off on the project.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
Great to see WSD back in action, and some long-unavailable elements of the Dick Garrison range finally showing in stock.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »
I like that combat robot with the shield and gun arm. The starship marines look fun too but they make me buy a 'dramatic, swordy, no helmet sgt. guy' in every pack. 

I really want three stoic 'on guard post duty' guys with helmets and rifles held at rest. 2/3 is not an ideal ratio. And taking the clippers to the ugly kid and using another precious extra Pig-Iron head seems like a wasteful measure.

Most of the Kryomek troop packs had the same "command doofus in every pack" problem. 

Why must all clister packs from before the 'separate head revolution' come with their own 'corporal Chumpy McDeadmeat' taking up a slot better served by a useful figure that fits with the others? Just sell a separate 'squad/team leaders' pack full of clueless sniper bait for those customers who want that sort of thing.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 12:11:44 AM »
I like that combat robot with the shield and gun arm...

There's another combat droid missing that' even better, at least in my opinion. It's got 2 guns and a very anime/manga vibe  ;)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
I have some of the star marines and they aren't bad at all.

People should thank me for these getting released because the day before I found out the good news, I thought I would stick my marines on E-Bay in a few days (because they were OOP)... bleeping typical!  lol.

The dwarfs will make a nice little addition to all the other Space Dwarfs I have... maybe they'll release the space Halflings as well :) .