Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fireteam Andromeda - New 15mm Sci-fi ruleset  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
Fireteam Andromeda - New 15mm Sci-fi ruleset
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:25:42 PM »
For a long time now, I've been slavering away at finalizing a set of science fiction rules for 15mm models, and I have finally reached a point where I can show it to the public at large.

For those of you with long memories, you might recall that I've posted earlier versions of rules bearing this name. They were initial attempts at what I hope I have achieved this way round, but a whole lot has changed since then.

Fireteam Andromeda is a game of science fiction battle, using 15mm models and vehicles. It has a fully customizable army-list system, and three simple scenarios, making it easy to create pick-up-and-play games or use as a springboard.

The game itself is fairly straight forward; each model represents either one man or one vehicle, and you can use the rules for small and quick skirmished all the way up to company sized games including multiple platoons.

One of the key features of the game is a detailed Command & Control system, where players have to consider what needs to be done, and when. It is a modified version of an alternate activation system, but with a lot of small nuances and finess. Furthermore, it is a complete system – players can design their own armies, roll up a scenario and get to play a game really quick.

Other than that? Well – it's a 15mm game, it plays quick and you can use any models in your collection!

If you're interested; then why not give it a download?
DOWNLOAD: link

Any comments or feedback would be more than appreciated as this is only the first finalized draft of the rules, open for public viewing and not, in any way, the complete project. Whilst the game is, itself, self-contained, then spelling errors and weird sentence structures are abound – after all, not only is it a draft, but English is also my second-language ;)

Anyway – cheers for reading through my waffling,
Torben