Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Defiance Games Alien War - the game  (Read 2251 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Defiance Games Alien War - the game
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
Looks like the game to go with all those already produced and soon to come Defiance Games minis is about to surface. I could not check for a fully official news item (I'm having severe connection problems and/or DG site is down) but this was posted in the official facility on TMP:
We'll also be releasing Howard Whitehouse's (Mexican Jack Squint on TMP) ALIEN WAR rules in the near future. This allows for "realistic" future combat starting with squad-on-squad up to platoon size or more. The rules will be a free PDF download ready to check out as soon as they're pretty-fied

See post on 09 May 2012 3:50 p.m. PST:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=266958

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Defiance Games Alien War - the game
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:26 PM »
A member of Dakkadakka posted some pictures of the Marines (with a couple of conversions with IG and WGF bits) and apparently the boxes come with stats for the future game:

First up, the rules card that comes in every box. It's basically a codex entry, except it comes with the box, giving you basic stats as well as available loadouts for your marines, along with recommended squad sizes and fireteam makeups. A cool thing I noticed is that you can choose how "experienced" each soldier is. So you can either sink the points in and make a very tough veteran squad, or you can go light on the points, and bring 2 or 3 squads of green troops, who apparently have lower accuracy. Lends itself to a lot of flexibility which should keep the game interesting

On the back you have the "What the...????" tables. These special situations occur randomly throughout the game, and can be either awesome, or terrible, depending on what you roll. On the bottom, which I couldn't get a good pic of due to how it's placed on the card (stretched along the bottom) are some special rules for the marines.

You can see the review and photos here:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/720/400806.page#4258612

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »
Yes well, it's pretty much the order of the day to do things like that. Not at all sure who started it but it's been on at least since Rackham's early days. I'd think it a strict possibility that the future boxes will also come with a starter rules sheet.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »
The original RT Space Marines boxes had stats for at least the weapons on them, so nothing new there.