Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bronze Age + Tinman green martians (aka "wasteland mutants") size ?  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
Does anyboby have an idea (or even better a picture comparing with 28mm minis) of the actual size of Bronze Age green martians (wasteland mutants) ? How do they match with Tinman's references ?

I'm Planning a 'trip' to Barsoom, so I was wondering whenever I should turn into the (expensive) lead option, taking advantage of actual sale at B.A., or choose the perilous way of (less expensive, but time consuming) plastic and adapt kroot warriors.

Thoughts, personnal experiences, sketches and ideas highly appreciated ^^

Offline VSF Gamer

• Scientist
I have no pictures to offer you but from frist hand experiance of owning both, Bronze Age are a little taller and beefier but they're close enough to use with TinMan. Bronze Age does have more poses. Other than that it's personal choice.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
I used to own some of those Bronze Age guys, but traded them to Sinewgrab. He painted them up and used them for a game, but he might need to finish up highlights and other touch ups before posting photos of them here. As I recall, those Wastland Mutants were substantial in height, perhaps up to double the size of the red men and women from Bronze Age. But I don't think they were taller than a 54mm figure. The muscles on the Bronze Age wasteland mutants were very impressive. Those guys were not gaunt starving characters. They looked strong enough to sweep three red men out of the way with one swipe of their large swords or rifles. For sheer artistic impression, those wasteland mutants are truly great figures. If I had wanted to continue with Barsoom, I would have kept them instead of trading them off to Sinewgrab.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
  • Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist
    • My Blog: One More Gaming Project
Here is a photo of one of my Bronze Age Wasteland Mutant figures with a Eureka figure on the left, and an Old Glory on the right. He measures 58mm tall. I really like Bronze Age's figures. And these wasteland mutants really gives you a sense of the 15' tall Thark warriors from the books.  I ordered one from Tinman and was dissapointed in how small it was comparatively.  To me, it doesn't seem like you could mix them.

"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
Thanx for the comments. I'll give in some of Bronze Age's green men. Hope to have painted stuff to show in coming weeks ;)

Offline surdu

• Librarian
See a picture of them against some Wargames Factory plastic 28mm figures.

Buck
www.bucksurdu.com/blog

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
I have both the Bronze Age and Tin Man green martians (don't ask for a pic as I can't find them  :( ) and there is a great difference in size. you can still use them if you consider the Tinman ones to be teens and the Bronze Age ones adults. The humans match up pretty well.

Offline abdul666lw

• Scientist
    • Lacepulp & High Adventure (board)
Irrelevant to the original question, but Raging Heroes Blood Vestals could easily become Barsoomian Amazons
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=40183.0

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
Irrelevant to the original question, but Raging Heroes Blood Vestals could easily become Barsoomian Amazons
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=40183.0

Je suis bien d'accord ;)