Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691054
  • Total Topics: 118367
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Malifaux - Marcus crew and others (added Rasputina 12/6/12)  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
I originally posted this in the VSF forum but maybe I should have posted it here instead.

Here is the start of my Marcus crew. I thought I'd add a few different beasts rather than the ron of the mill Marcus stuff.
I still need to finish another waldergeist and a horecat pride. I'm also going to add a Gunsmith at some time.

And here are some pics of my Seamus crew. I've just added Molly Squidpiddge and I also have a couple of Dead Doxies waiting on the paint bench.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:57:01 AM by Melnibonean »
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Malifaux - Marcus crew and others.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 02:33:22 PM »
VERY NICELY DONE! I really enjoy/admire your painting style & color choices. Your pieces have proved to be a fine source of inspiration.

I originally posted this in the VSF forum but maybe I should have posted it here instead.

I can identify with that. My Spooky Woods Project, which is in the Fantasy Section, is becoming increasingly more Gothic Horror. As it evolves in that direction I have noticed a decrease in responses. So, I guess if we want feedback (which I do), posting in whatever section draws attention. Horror is one of the categories in Malifaux's description; ergo, it fits.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37:39 PM »
wow very nicely done  :o erm Malifaux Stuff belongs to the other Adventures Section  :-X

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »
... erm Malifaux Stuff belongs to the other Adventures Section  :-X

Yes. Malifaux is one of those games which doesn't fit easily into any one particular catagory.
 :?

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
Very nice

is the threeheaded cat from the official line?

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:48 AM »
Very nice

is the threeheaded cat from the official line?

Yes it is. It's called... Ummm... Sabertooth Cerberus (under the Arcanist faction). It's a nice model.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:57:21 AM by Melnibonean »

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
Thanks

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »
Seamus stands out as the nicest to me.  Great colour choice and the painting technique seems tighter than on the other figs.

The sabretooth is my next favourite.  The orange parasol is very nice too.  A great collection overall :)

erm Malifaux Stuff belongs to the other Adventures Section  :-X

I checked with Prof.Witchheimer before I posted my Malifaux stuff (it is very hard to tie to a genre after all.  I tend to see it as more Weird Wild West that anything else) and he confirmed that "Other Adventures" is the appropriate place for Malifaux.

Its a pity that the Malifaux stuff is spread throughout the forum.  If it were all in one place it might generate some more interest.

I can identify with that. My Spooky Woods Project, which is in the Fantasy Section, is becoming increasingly more Gothic Horror. As it evolves in that direction I have noticed a decrease in responses. So, I guess if we want feedback (which I do), posting in whatever section draws attention. Horror is one of the categories in Malifaux's description; ergo, it fits.

A I can identify with you, identifying with that.  Funnily enough I posted up the spooky woods element of my graveyard yesterday, in Gothic Horror.  That terrain set is primarily for use with my Malifaux stuff, which is itself posted in "Other Adventures" :D

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »
Malifaux is a difficult game to pidgeon hole. I first started playing when it was first released and it was recieved really well here (in Melbourne). After a while it died down and I haven't played for quite some time now (due to other issues). At one stage I had 10 crews.

However, I've also noticed something else... I've heared Malifaux described as: "That game with great miniatures that nobody plays". Strange... I thought it was very popular but having said that here in my neck of the woods things come and things go and some just don't stay the course for very long.

So, how is Malifaux going out there in the rest of the big wide world?
I'm curious.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 06:51:14 AM »
Hi All. Thought I'd add another of my Malifaux crews.
I painted this one a while ago but I never posted any pics. So here they are now.

McMourning - Apart from wht is here I also have some Guild Autopsies to paint and add to their number. I also have some Canine Remains painted but I don't have any pics of them (they are pretty boring after all).

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Malifaux - Marcus crew and others (added McMourning 1/6/12)
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:18 AM »
Here are a couple of pics of my newest Malifaux figures.
Rasputina and some of her pet Ice Gamin - (is Gamin both singular and plural?)