Forum > Medieval Adventures

Renedra Wattle Fencing

(1/2) > >>

TWD:
I've done a rudimentary painting guide and simple overview of the new Renedra Wattle Fences over on the blog

Some Late Romans guard their new garden fencing:

Kingscarbine:
They look good. I wonder if they can be heated and curved to make gabions...

mcfonz:

--- Quote from: Kingscarbine on May 25, 2012, 02:26:27 PM ---They look good. I wonder if they can be heated and curved to make gabions...

--- End quote ---

Green garden wire. ASDA has it at a rediculous length for around £1. Make as many gabions as you like.

Silent Invader:
I've used 3 sets worth in my late medieval village and it's a most useful product as TWD has shown but I think it rather thick to bend into a tube for gabions.  As has been mentioned  gabions are relatively easy to make but for those not so inclined they can also be purchased quite inexpensively.  Anarchy Models do some lovely examples and having seen many* their casting quality is very good.

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/terrain-scenery-and-bases/anarchy-models/scenery/28mm-two-gabion-wall/prod_16677.html

*Full disclosure: as many fellow LAFers know, I work for Wayland Games.....

painterman:
Nice guide - haven't done anything with mine yet, but have also considered heating and bending, just to avoid too many straight lines....as hedges replaced medieval fences there aren't too many straight hedges near where I live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version