Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New miniatures from Faction Wars  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Darryl@Faction Wars

• Lurker
New miniatures from Faction Wars
« on: November 03, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that we will be launching the first box set from our range of miniatures for the Faction Wars game.

The "Agostino Grand Family" box set will contain 9 individual characters, 4 aerobots, plus bases and profile cards for each model.  The models are 28mm and suitable for use with other sci-fi gaming systems.

We're launching the box set at Warfare in Reading on 20/21 November, so come along to the stand if you can make it.

Faction Wars is a sci-fi skirmish game for around 10-15 models per player.  You can find out more at the web site: www.factionwars.co.uk plsu there are some photos of the models!  :)

cheers

Darryl
Faction Wars

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: New miniatures from Faction Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Nice stuff! The weapons look a bit large-ish, but I really like the dronebot and the mercenary. The "Capo" figure in the bionic wheelchair is a great idea, too.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
Yeah, I concur on the gigantic weapons, but there is some very cool stuff in there!

Love that dude in the wheelchair.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »
I like the merc and the areobot thingy
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
some nice Stuff,i agree the Merc and the Wheelchair Buddy are pretty awesome,Regular Soldiers are a  bit boring,  :-X but i like the Huge weapons!

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »
Will these be available later in blistera as could use aerobots, and love wheelchair guy, but that is all I would use? I also think the guns are to big.

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »
Thanks for all the comments.

I'm sure that in time the individual miniatures will be available in blisters. 

Best thing to do is visit the FW web site and add your email address to the mailing list to be notified of when that happens.  Don't worry...you won't get spammed all the time.  We only send out emails to the list a few times a year (when something major happens with the game).

~darryl

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »
Just looking through your online store...

5 weapons for £4.50!!!  :o 

Needs a rethink when the likes of TAG etc sell packs of ten for £3.60 and the sculpts are tighter and crisper.

Would like to see unpainted photos of the figures from a few angles too, the merc on first inspection looks interesting.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
Just looking through your online store...

5 weapons for £4.50!!!  :o 

Needs a rethink when the likes of TAG etc sell packs of ten for £3.60 and the sculpts are tighter and crisper.

Would like to see unpainted photos of the figures from a few angles too, the merc on first inspection looks interesting.

That price he has at his site says "including postage" on every weapon set, so I'm guessing that means postage is included? If that's the case, wouldn't those then be as good, possibly even cheaper than the ones you mentioned?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 12:06:56 PM »
That price he has at his site says "including postage" on every weapon set, so I'm guessing that means postage is included? If that's the case, wouldn't those then be as good, possibly even cheaper than the ones you mentioned?

So you get charged postage per pack rather than a certain rate? In that case, then no it wouldn't be. Also packs of ten would be more appropriate for need.

The Commander

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »
So you get charged postage per pack rather than a certain rate? In that case, then no it wouldn't be. Also packs of ten would be more appropriate for need.

The Commander

Yeah all the stuff at his site has postage anywhere in the UK included. As for 5 or 10, that's a matter of preference really, and depends on what you're converting I'd think. For 40k yeah packs of 10 makes sense, since most units are usually a 10-man squad, but if you wanted to use some as special weapons dudes, I'd think 5 might actually be too much.  :D

I'm not into the whole converting weps, and thank god. I got enough on my plate, and I can't imagine if I had to worry about it my little toys had the right weapons modeled for tournament play and what not. ;)

• Lurker
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
Yes, postage is included for UK orders of the weapon packs.  ;D

I agree, they are not as good value as TAG, but then to be honest, I didn't set up Faction Wars to get involved in selling individual weapon packs.  Several people asked about buying them, so they were added to the web site for that purpose. £4.50 for a pack of 5 is the value that I think it's worth of my time.  I'd much rather spend time on releasing more miniatures, upgrades for the game etc.  I hope that most gamers would agree.  ;D

There's no money in making and selling individual weapons packs, :'( which is why there are so few companies doing it.

Hope you like the figures though!  :)

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »
Just ran across this thread, I like the idea of NOT having to buy proprietorial miniatures, overseas shipping is way over priced to make it worth while, luckily I have found a state side distributor!

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=65647#.T8vIAdUTPng

Good luck and continued success with this game, looking forward to new factions!

Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 05:05:08 AM »
Any chance of releasing the rulebook as a PDF? Last thing I want is another $40 hardback book on my shelf, but I'd pay a few bucks for a digital version
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery