Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690743
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 2SS Das Reich - for Rules of Engagement new pics 2/4  (Read 16551 times)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 2SS Das Reich - for Rules of Engagement new pics 2/4
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:13 PM »
Thanks Helen, much appreciated! :)
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
A small update, well not so small since its 4 pieces of 60 x 120 cm boards, but its a little side project while painting miniatures and vehicles... the Stockholm part of our new Normandy table. Its in its most humble form at the moment, but the work will continue during the week.
I perhaps should add that the buildings are there for scale and such to give me some sort of idea of what kind of space the new buildings need.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
Judging from your previous pirate town table, this one will be awesome once finished  ;D

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2012, 04:22:32 AM »
Nice update!

Your work on the table looks great so far  :D
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »
Ah well, the progess have been slow, I got a bit tired of the whole Dunkelgelb business, and was a bit sidetracked with some other projects, but I think it was for the greater good. I sort of, when putting all the Tabletop World houses on the table, was dragged in to the world of fantasy and finished off another building that have been waiting for painting, hehe, but on the other side, cant be a bad thing when you actually complete something that will be used on the gaming table sooner or later.

Back to Normandy, and I have been carving out more of the trenches running next to the roads, making the ford a bit deeper and will start sanding and adding some filler today to smooth things out. I also have to make some desisions regarding the height differences, as for now, it looks way too much like removable hills, wich is not my intention at all. I just need to get my huge thumb out of the place where the sun doesnt shine and actually start shaping the hills and such, perhaps actually lowering parts of the ground as well, to get yet another dimension and illusion of a varied landscape.

Offline Big Frank

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
Just noticed this thread.
 Great looking stuff, the weathering is fantastic.
 Looking forward to seeing the gaming board finished.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 04:51:32 AM »
Trees... for a table consisting of four 60 x 120 of bocage landscape, I can tell you that you need a lot of damn trees. This was the first batch finished, two more batches to go. I dont really mind making trees, but with these amounts I get stomache ache thinking about them.

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »
Not only trees, also alot of large hedgerows. I thought they were fun to make though. But then again, I only have 4 pieces (of 12" each). Curious about the rest of your table, Galland!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »
Well its slow progress with the table, I have other comitments at the moment, medieval events to attend and such, but are slowly working on it. I am trying to convince my fiancé that she needs to do all my hand sewing instead of me, but I dont think I am gaining any ground, she dont think its a fair trade... that I do the table and she makes my clothing hehe. To her defence I must say that she is also making our doughters clothing, so I am sure she have enough to sew as it is.
I all of a sudden had an urge to redesign the main layout, and wanted to add more level difference, and had to start cutting the foam, it was a larger undertaking than I had anticipated. I also managed to get some new ideas in the loop, and have decided to make the table totally non-modular. All features will be features of the table and non-removable, besides the trees, wich have sharp sticks at the bottom, something we have used before and it works very well, since you can remove them for transport or storage and re-arrange them if you need/like/want too do that.

Yes, there will be loads of hedges. However, they are very easy to make, and most of the bocage is actually not very detailed, its more of a pile of stone with dirt on top of it, and the stones very very very seldom show. With that in mind, its rather easy to re-create them. Basically xps scraps with schlam™ (sand/paint/glue mix) on top. We will start the first ground covering tomorrow, if I can get my act together and actually get the cutting done, but I think I will. I am getting some help with painting the edges and other tedious work. Its good to have minions doing my biddings in these cases. I really find painting edges booring.

Next step is to make the ground coverage that goes on top of the schlam™, and I am currently experimenting with various mixes. I am getting tired of that though, and will propably go for some sort of flock and static grass mix... unless, I can find some energy to go outside and get some stuff from the park next to our house. If I do, and get it to work satisfactory, I wil take some pics.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 04:38:08 AM »
Keep up the great work!

It is very impressive so far  :D

Offline fanfavorite

• Librarian
  • the rat race is over. the rats won.
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2012, 08:14:39 AM »
moar! moar! :D

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »
Hehe, well I dont have much more to show really, especially since I am primarley making/building accesories and flora stuff at the moment, like threes, brushes/shrubberies and so on. I am also experiementing with various groundcovers, like dirt and whatnots along with washes, since I dont want to go down the usuall wargaming table look, and instead will do it more like a large diorama. This takes time though, and also consumes a lot of material, and I mean a lot.

I also started to build and paint a whole new set of vehicles, wich will take some time, since I dont have the right tools at home at the moment (for photoetch stuff), so I am a bit stuck with the airbrushing, cant move on until I get the stuff that I need, but I promise to post some pics of my new Marder IIIM, Panther G, Steyr 1500A, Steyr Kommandeur Wagen that currently are in the pipe.

We are also working on another table at the moment, also with some connections to this.

Offline Gothic Line

• Scientist
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
 Fantastic work Galland very inspiring!!!