Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689780
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: MacLAM 2012  (Read 9706 times)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Re: MacLAM 2012
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
Looks great. I'm really sorry not to be there :(

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »
Wish I was there...  :'( :'(

Seems you had tones of fun!!

By the way what ruleset did you use for the pulp scenario? Did you use made up rules?

The rules where a homebrew system, very similar to the goal system but sufficiently different. To be honest I love .45, it's great for pulp gaming with my regulars but in my opinion it's a poor choice for convention gaming. When I get this system (cunningly entitled 'my pulp system) fine tuned I'll be using it for all my convention pulp gaming.

... coincidently I also have a system that seems to work for gothic horror that is loosely based on savage worlds, but is quite different from my Pulp system.

MacLAM, eh?

And not a kilt in sight.  >:(

;)

I'll wear one next year if it gets more people to attend. I've been told that I have nice legs for a kilt... lol

Day 2

Sadly we were down on numbers, and still no sign of poor AndyM. However as a consolation prize Mrs Gamer Mac made us some very nice cakes; Thanks again Mrs Mac!

^ Shortbread, Scones and cake! Oh how we were spoilt!

And for those of you who are interested; my MacLAM display board. It did get abandoned today, since we all knew what was on as only one game at a time was ran.

The first game of the day, seen Robbie's Sky rangers attempting to stop a German Zeppelin from dropping it's payload over Now York. I dutifully assisted Gamer Mac in running the Germans. Kestrel's report above is pretty concise.

^Yup thats right; it's a zeppelin made out of cheese! Well not quite. The cheese wheel is actually a template of the gas bag to show LOS. (Who's got the crackers?)

After storming on board the Zeppelin, Robbie's Rangers discover a British dignity who needs protecting.

The brave Jamie takes on the entire German bridge crew single handedly

Metalface arrives onboard via jet pack. Tis time for the players to squirm!

Our next game was Kestrel's excellent Frak all toasters, dog fighting in space. I'm not going to lie I never thought that I'd fancy this one, but boy was I surprised. A fantastic little system, a real gem. I'd happily play this one again!

Well tomorrow is going to be Pulp Monday with a few linked scenarios following the commandos in an attempt to prevent the Germans from developing a new 'super' weapon.

Again I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd just like to thank everyone for attending.

Cheers
Andy
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:00:46 AM by oldskoolrebel »

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »

The first game of the day, seen Robbie's Sky rangers attempting to stop a German Zeppelin from dropping it's payload over Now York. I dutifully assisted Gamer Mac in running the Germans. Kestrel's report above is pretty concise.

Concise it may have been but, I realised immediately after posting that I missed out loads of other cool moments, like one of the Rangers grabbing a jet pack and attempting to go outside and fly round to the front of the zeppelin and force the pilot to stop at gunpoint.  lol
Mein Doodlesack ist mangelhaft

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
Small but perfectly formed event  8)

Commiserations for the lack of attendees but we'll make up for it next year  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
Shortbread!

Delicious  ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
I was ill, I missed a great weekend of gaming AND Mrs Mac's cooking!! Aw fuck!!  :'( :'( :'(

Thanks for all the get well comments, I promise I'll make it up next year and bring something worthy of the event! ;)

More pics please!!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
Looks great. I'm really sorry not to be there :(

Me to. The trips I have done so far to *LAMs have always topped my already high expectations. Logistics from an island in the Baltic and when small off-spring are involved are difficult factors, but if you plan for another one it is a destination VERY high on my list.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:58:20 AM by Hammers »

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
Looks like a grand event – and with home baking too!  ;D

Online gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
Time for my photos.
We had a very good time over the weekend and played some fun games.
Thanks for everyone who turned up to add to the fun. Thanks to oldschoolrebel for doing most of the organising.

First off some pictures to prove that it doesn't always rain in Scotland. They were taken today right enough and it was pissing down the other two days :D

Some views from the carpark

First game I played was our Aquanaughts game. It went very well I thought and people seemed to have fun.

On another table

Sorry don't know much about this game as I was busy with my own.
I have loads of pictures of the weekend but it will take me a few days to upload them and add some info.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 04:23:26 AM »
Lovely stuff.  :-*
How could anyone not have a good time playing on boards as nice as those.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
Lovely Location Colin.

Hope to be there next year. :)

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
promised
More pics please!!

Well I'm home now, so I'll see what's on the camera - Might take a while though as I promised Oldskoolrebel the first of two MacLAM battle reports would be put up today, should be plenty of pictures with that though.

Once again I'd just like to thank Oldskoolrebel for making me feel so welcome in Scotland and gamer Mac for his patience with me, as I appeared to be unable to get his name right for the entire weekend. ::)

As a bonus for me I was wondering how the dogfighting game I brought would go over and judging by the response I'll be bringing a version of it to BLAM for people to play.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
Blimey. Well that has to be the best view from a LAM yet!

Like so many others, I'm really sorry I couldn't join you. I love Scotland, and it's no great trek from London really. But alas, coming just a month after the long weekend of the GLAM in Kiel, there's no way I was going to be able to get a second three-day again pass so soon. But yes, I really hope that with a different slot in the schedule I'll be able to join you next time. I do love a good LAM!

Really hope you didn't catch a cold on the costs with a lower than expected turnout, and that this gives you the experience you need to go on and run an even bigger and better event next time :)

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 12:40:12 PM »
Now that's what you call a venue! I'm thinking your numbers are going to be up next year chaps so please consider organising another one.
Don't!

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »
I  love Scotland

Can we get t-shirt of this made  lol just kidding!

But alas, coming just a month after the long weekend of the GLAM in Kiel, there's no way I was going to be able to get a second three-day again pass so soon. But yes, I really hope that with a different slot in the schedule I'll be able to join you next time. I do love a good LAM!

Really hope you didn't catch a cold on the costs with a lower than expected turnout, and that this gives you the experience you need to go on and run an even bigger and better event next time :)

I'm going to be honest from a personal point I felt this too- i'd have loved to have made it to Kiel but there was no way this year, both financially and in terms of passes. Also if I'm going to be honest work wise the MacLAM date is smack bang in the middle of my busy season, so I'd love to move it too.

The cost was reduced for us by the park. They know my face because I do quite a bit of work there and often use their venue for running first aid course etc. They cut the costs really low because we had fewer people than expected. Fantastic of them, but probably something that can happen only the once. Hopefully next year that wont be an issue.

Cheers again

Andy