Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:53:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Reinforcements for MERCS FCC  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Reinforcements for MERCS FCC
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »
I’ve been a fan of MERCS Miniatures from the first figure, the Yellow Jacket Heavy Machine gunner. Great dynamic, superb detail, intelligent sci fi, near-future infantry, the MERCS line has remained consistently good, IMO, and currently offers figures for six forces.

The independent faction known as the FCC is one of my favorite. I’ve got a soft-spot for their rag-tag, hard scrabble look and bought them as soon as they were available. Here’s a shot of the original six figs. Notice the head-swap in the back left using a GW scout.

Unfortunately I’m unable to find anyone interested in playing the game, so I’ve employed the figs in various roles as generic militia/scavengers in other games like 5150 and Fast-play House Rules. To buff out this generic force, I took the liberty of giving them a Mobile Gun Platform for Heavy Support, and recently purchased transport in the form of an Antenociti’s Workshop APC.

The other day, I figured it was time for a few more line grunts, so I kit-bashed three new riflemen with Defiance Games, MERCS mod kit pieces, some GW, MaxMini resin, Pig Iron and Starship Troopers bitz. Tart up the bases similar to the originals, and voila, I had new recruits. The challenge was not simply to match the color-scheme, but the dynamic, rugged look of the original figs. They’re not perfect, but they work.

I’ve got MERCS Kem-Var in the queue, along with two AW Warthog ADV jeeps. I’ll be keeping an eye out for suitable drone support.

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
Re: Reinforcements for MERCS FCC
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »
well done,they fit in nicely with the original Mercs  :)

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
Nice looking squad.  MERCs are great figures.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
Nicely done, they fit well. Where is the gun platform from?
Duncan

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
 Gun Platform looks like a 28mm Heavy gear walker (can't remember the faction or unit name, but have one of the Moab Platforms on the paint table). As such, i would also be interested to know where it came from - though HG Blitz in 28mm would be costly.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »
Very nice, although that DG marine with the marine scout (?) head looks like he's been beaten with the ugly stick on multiple occasions.

What type of drones are you after? I've used the GZG 15mm drones to good effect with 28mm stuff.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
Thanks all.

Yeah, that guy on the left tends to lead with his face in bar brawls.

The Mobile Gun Platform is a DP9 Caprice Ammon Combat mount rigged with with Pig Iron and GW bitz to make it a heavy weapons support.

Drone-wise I'm thinking Infinity or RAFM Aerial Surveillance