Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord games FIW rumours  (Read 9247 times)

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
Re: Warlord games FIW rumours
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Those do look extremely nice figures from one of my favourite sculptors  :)
Sadly, i've already got more than enough indians...

Is that possible?

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
Unfortunately impossible to get over here in the UK without getting stung by the tax and post office handling fee.

:(

Conquest miniatures has got regulars for a while, and now they are releasing the grenadiers. I think it is the brand that has more "fillings" for the period.
Rich J

Offline Hoplon

• Bookworm
    • Wargames Euskadi
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
Unfortunately impossible to get over here in the UK without getting stung by the tax and post office handling fee.

:(

Have you tried Miniaturicum? That's where I got them from. My first drawback with this minis was precisely the customs, where sometimes even packages got openned or stuck for months. But I ordered to Miniaturicum and had no problem. They are obviously more expensive than ordering to US, but you save the postage and packaging from overseas and all the problems in the customs.

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
Never heard of them.  Will investigate.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
The link is at the bottom of every page on LAF Rich  :)

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »
Arr ok. Never scroll down on my phone.
:)
Looking good, ordering now.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »
I am quite happy to hear that Warlord games will be doing FIW miniatures.  I am also glad that they will be metal.  It is always a good thing to have plenty of miniatures to choose from!  I don't really care for plastic or resin miniatures.  When a miniature company switches over from metal to resin it is over for me.  I stopped buying GW and Black Scorpion miniatures because of this.  It is always a good thing to have plenty of miniatures to choose from for a given period!  Though I also hope that Warlord will start with something that we still need... like Highlanders or Light troops.  Or perhaps some winter garbed troops.

I also use most manufacturers miniatures when playing this period... I find the size of a Redoubt miniature standing near a Conquest Indian miniature really makes no difference at all when you are playing a skirmish game.
Perhaps if they were all gathered together in a formation it would be more noticeable but people vary quite a bit in size in real life anyway.

I did stop using my Front Rank and Old Glory FIW miniatures... they are just too out dated looking compared to the newer miniatures.  Dixion are starting to look a little dated too.

Darkoath

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
Also I think the reason it is getting so hard to get the Conquest indians now is all the original molds and masters have some damage or are worn out now.  I beleive that is why now when you go to the Conquest website you can't even see the FIW indians now.  All there is available to purchase is the preorder of the new Ottawa set and I think that is why some of those are redone older sculpts or variations of the now apparently discontinued earlier indians.  I ordered a set... they are beautiful miniatures! :-*

Darkoath

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
Actually all of Conquest's Indians are still available and pictured on the new website with the exception of the first couple of "generic" woodland Indian packs.

http://conquestminiatures.com/easternwoodlandindians.aspx

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
    • http://www.conquestminiatures.com
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »
Yep, Aaron is correct. All of the packs are available with only the original 3 packs reworked, converted and re-released as Ottawa. I had new production molds made of older packs and they are still available (some are out of stock, but I have more on the way).

Warlords rumored line will be fabulous I'm sure, and I'm excited to see them when they arrive...

Incidentally, I have a received a restock of Iroquois A, Delaware A, Sauk & Fox A and Rangers A & B, as well as British and French Firing lines. Yay!

-Eric
It's not cheating if your stupid.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
Warlords rumored line will be fabulous I'm sure, and I'm excited to see them when they arrive...

That's very sporting of you Eric ;)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 09:31:56 PM »
Conquest miniatures has got regulars for a while, and now they are releasing the grenadiers. I think it is the brand that has more "fillings" for the period.

For this period Conquest is my personal preference with a few Perry's here and there, but that's no hit on many of the other fine manufacturers producing nice miniatures. Really great to have a large selection for those interested in the period.  8)

Christopher

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
That's very sporting of you Eric ;)

Actually, Eric is quite right, when a period starts attracting attention from a lot of manufacturers, it's because they think it's a likely growth area, all the extra attention they bring to it creates extra interest all round, some of which is bound to filter through to those of us who are already producing ranges for that period.  :D

I for one am delighted to see the French & Indian War getting more of the attention it has always deserved.  ;)

Cheers,

Lance

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:03:50 PM by Galloping Major »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »
And then there are the Eureka Provincials and Highlanders which are truly exquisite. The provincals can even be used as regulars with campaign mods.

All up a lot of competition in what is a fairly small niche.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »