Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Inquisimunda Battle Report [PIC HEAVY]  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Inquisimunda Battle Report [PIC HEAVY]
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:20:21 AM »
On Tuesday the 19th of June Ugly Pete's Discount Exotics (my Squat smugglers) encountered Inperial Guard Kill Team Delta India Echo. My boys were away on business and only Davidoff, Willow and Dead-Eye Hank were guarding my supply of fresh water. Out of knowhere come five imperial guardsmen who started opening fire. Valdik, a gunner with a heavy bolter opened the first shots and my men ducked for cover. It turned out however that my men weren't the targets at all. He was aiming at my water! Despite hitting the barrels twice the damage was minimal and my water was intact. Jura, the sergeant of the Kill Team opened fire as well on the barrels with his storm bolter, but to no avail.

Of course my men returned the favour, Dead Eye Hank shooting Valdik down with his Tau Pulse Rifle who floated to the ground thanks to his grav chute. Unfortunately for Hank, this was his last shot as his energy cell turned out to be depleted. Willow moved back to shoot Jura with his Multi-Laser but found the sergeant still out of sight after having moved as far as his little legs could carry him. Davidoff found all targets out of sight and climbed op a container to get a better view.

With the Heavy Bolter down the chances of the Imperial Guard destroying my water supply were a lot smaller, so the Imperial Guard retaliated by first shooting Willow, who was hit but not wounded. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep his balance on the container he was standing on and fell to the ground, out of the game. Jura, the sergeant made a retreat towards the downed gunner Valdik, to heal him with his medikit. Waldo, an imperial guard trooper with a thirst for blood and a bionic leg ran towards Dead-Eye Hank who was standing all alone behind the water barrels, with an empty gun and a knife. He didn't feel much like being butchered with a chainswordso he moved back a bit, out of range of Waldo and out of range of any dangerous edges. In the meantime the remaining Imperial guard peppered the water supply with shots but failed to destroy it. Davidoff had found a sweet spot with a great view from where he could stand still and rapid fire his bolter at the Guard below, and with success. In the meantime reinforcements arrived in the form of Ugly Pete (my leader with plasma gun), Bald Stu (a juve) and Brian "loudmouth" Taggart (a fresh juve). Pete set the example by shooting another Imperial Guard soldier down, and with only one man left standing on the table and squat reinforcements creeping in the Guardsmen left the field. Their mission failed and with my water supply intact.

Shortly afterwards, a violent scrap broke out over the same premise, involving both full teams and a Space Marine ally on the side of the Imperial Guard Kill Team.

It was a hard fought game and near the end we were both taking bottle tests. However, I got the shorter end of the stick and there was little point in me sticking around with lots of wounded squats walking about with empty weapons. This was a war of attrition I could not win.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Re: Inquisimunda Battle Report [PIC HEAVY]
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 02:51:00 AM »
Nice report. Really like yr scenery too. How do the rules work? Is it just Necromunda with a few homebrew tweaks and 1st/2nd edition profiles? I'm really interested in it and I have the Necromunda rulebook, source book and Outlanders supplement kicking around somewhere. Might have to dig em out.

:D

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 08:35:24 AM »
Thanks Diakon! Inquisimunda is a fan made supplement to Necromunda (we use the latest printed book edition with the Wyrd rules from Outlanders). You can download the rules here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzKfXx2Gt1WdOGYwYmQ0YTAtYTg3ZS00YmFkLWEyN2MtOWI1MzBiN2I0Zjk4/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

From this blog:
http://empireofghosts.blogspot.nl/search/label/Inquisimunda

And with this forum to back it up:
http://inquisimunda.proboards.com/

It's an add-on for the basic Necromunda rules. The basic rules of the game are changed very little, but Inquisimunda adds a LOT of new options for gangs, creatures and weapons which really give it the 40k/Rogue Trader feel. The profiles in Inquisimunda differ from 40k and have been adapted to balance the game a bit more. Squats don't have movement 3 for example. 8)

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »
Sweet report and table. It looked a fun game.
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »
The table looks faboulus.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
Thanks both! I've had the containers for quite a while but this was the first time we really used them to create a less logical but more playable setup with walkways and different levels. It worked very well and was lots of fun. It also had the benefit of actually giving our Imperial Guard player some benefit from the grav chutes all his models are equipped with.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »
Insanity!  :-*
Looks like a really fun time!

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 01:56:23 PM »
Don't wanna start my own thread for this as I have no pics (we were so excited to play that we didn't have all the necessary models so quite heavy proxying was in effect) or anything but I played my first game of Inquisimunda last night with my friend Anth (Prometheus Zero on here) and we had a great time. I played as a Rogue Trader warband and he a Puritan Ecclesiastical one. It felt very much like I was winning but after two of my Crewmen were taken out of action in close combat (one by a Zealot with Eviscerator the other by his Confessor Militant) and a Void Master went down under stormbolter fire in turn 4 I failed my bottle test at the start of turn 5. However in the endgame sequence I managed to capture a zealot and a militia man and ransomed them back for his entire net income. I also had quite a few level ups including my Arch-Militant with Heavy Stubber getting +1 to his BS which is nice. So despite technically losing the game I did come out a lot better in the post game. Looking forward to game number 2. Anyway thanks for turning me onto this brilliant game Pil.  :D

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
Great stuff!
Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »
Cool mini-report Diakon! The post-battle sequence is quite influential indeed and an extra BS on your heavy is always good! If you want you can join us on teh Inquisimunda forum as well:
http://inquisimunda.proboards.com/index.cgi

It's a bit quiet there so it could use some love 8)