Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690888
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Headless Zombies (Flintloque)  (Read 2003 times)

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Headless Zombies (Flintloque)
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »

Barking Irons Online have just uploaded this short article on converting Flintloque Miniatures. Headless Zombies written by me to illustrate a three part Flintloque scenario.

Check it out here;
http://www.barkingirons.co.uk/j/game-systems/flintloque/miniatures/388-headless-zombies

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Headless Zombies (Flintloque)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
I love them. The Fintloque minis have shone a light on my dark memories of Napoleonics. These ones are very imaginative, well painted/based, &, above all, cool i a funny sort of way. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
 lol
That looks so wrong.
Great imagination!

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:08 AM »
Love them, being that I just plowed through a ton of undead myself I can really appreciate these. Still, not loping the head of my zombies any time soon.  lol

Wish I could just get the motivation to get moving on those last eight Julianna dwarves. Flintloque has been pretty much my exclusive project for the past year which is kind of odd as I usually suffer severely from miniatures ADD.

Some Napoleonic players still get all kinds of verklemmt over the fantasy aspect of Flintloque. At the shop some folks do give us the upturned nose when we play but really, it's their loss. Flintloque is first and foremost fun as hell but also still retains plenty of crunch and tactical decisions to be made throughout the game.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »
Some Napoleonic players still get all kinds of verklemmt over the fantasy aspect of Flintloque. At the shop some folks do give us the upturned nose when we play but really, it's their loss. Flintloque is first and foremost fun as hell but also still retains plenty of crunch and tactical decisions to be made throughout the game.

I can identify. When Flintloque first came out. I was in a Napoleonic Group, & had received a couple of Shark's Rifles from a friend...these proved to be the only Flintloque minis I've ever done. SOI gave them the best paint job I could manage at the time, & brought them down the our Gathering Spot beneath the Mai Kai Bar & Grill. They were greeted by looks of abject horror from the "serious historical" types. That, of course, endeared the minis to me forever...I think "serious historical" types suffer from a fear of being ridiculed for playing with Toy Soldiers.

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »
Just wait until Part Two of Getting Ahead comes out. Hopefully later today. Then you will see the true horror.

Tony.