Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 747
Total: 751

Recent

Author Topic: storm the lagoon - a Victory decision game  (Read 2618 times)

Offline opa wuttke

• Bookworm
    • A fistful of heroes
storm the lagoon - a Victory decision game
« on: July 08, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
Yesterday we played spontaneously a game of Victory Decision on my pacific-island-table. I persuaded a friend who isnīt that much interested in this period to accompany me in testing the rules as I havenīt played them to this day. There was a lot of page-turning and it wasnīt that tactical, but weīve had a lot of fun...
I lead the japanese island occupation force and so the marines were played by my friend.
The first blast was set by the US commander who desided to set aside the heavy MG
 ("Donīt need it ") and the second for splitting his troops in two landing zones according to the principle: "I do not have that much but Iīll split it"

On the other side the japanese commander (me) decided to position a part of his troops as a mobile reserve...which later turned out to be needless.

On the first island the marines discover a faked emplacemend with wooden guns. So the island is safe, but the second part of the marines will now have got their hands full.

The second troop has landed and is now advancing carfully

The small japanese occupation force is alerted and proceeds to man the emplacements.

The marines lose precious time in an attempt to find their way over the main island.

What does these funny little signs mean ? Nobody has got a dictionary but the answer comes soon: Part of the beaches are mined. The commander now has got another problem.

Japanese grenade launcher and a gun start a barrage. Fortunately it is not that accurate.

Japanese reinforcments carry ammunition to the front and the jeapanese commander leads his reserve troops into battle.

These not that smart japanese soldiers seek shelter behind some barrels of aviation fuel.

In the end the japanese force edged out the marines and the game ended after 5 hours. Iīm anticipated for the next game...

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: storm the lagoon - a Victory decision game
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
Nice looking game.
What figures are you using?
They look good.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:52:38 AM »
I like that a lot! Moody pics and a good read. 8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline opa wuttke

• Bookworm
    • A fistful of heroes
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
Thanks for your friendly comments.

The japanese models are predominantly SHQ and a few old Airfix. All US-Marines are Revell Marines. Also I use the Revell Infantery and a few waterloo 1815 miniatures but not in that game.
The artillery is also SHQ, the AA gun sergeantīs mess and the landing craft is scratchbuild.